Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sounds kind of stupid but i gotta 93 caprice have amp n subs hooked up to factory head unit. plan on replacing asap but did it because of the city i just moved to dont want my car broken into. but anyways whut would b a good wire from the factory harness to hook my remote wire up to. its working now but my subs make a weird noise. i know alot about audio systems n i believe its the wrong wire i have the remote hooked up to or maybe the converter box for the rca jacks. but if anyone has any ideas let me no. i already did a body ground to the head unit and regrounded the amp

· Registered
829 Posts
sounds kind of stupid but i gotta 93 caprice have amp n subs hooked up to factory head unit. plan on replacing asap but did it because of the city i just moved to dont want my car broken into. but anyways whut would b a good wire from the factory harness to hook my remote wire up to. its working now but my subs make a weird noise. i know alot about audio systems n i believe its the wrong wire i have the remote hooked up to or maybe the converter box for the rca jacks. but if anyone has any ideas let me no. i already did a body ground to the head unit and regrounded the amp

You could tap into the auto antenna wire. Any time you turn the deck on you would have power to the remote wire. Even if the car does not have an auto antenna, I "think" that there is still an active power lead for it in the radio harness. Not 100% sure about this on a 93, but somebody here can speak up and confirm or deny.

That is the easiest way thai I can think of...

Tim

· Registered
462 Posts
Any time I've had one of these converter boxes hooked up I've gotten noise when I turned off the stereo (with RAP when I open the door). I think this is your problem. Try turning the gain down on the converter box, if I remember correctly this lessened the noise. Hope this helps.

· Registered
101 Posts
Any time I've had one of these converter boxes hooked up I've gotten noise when I turned off the stereo (with RAP when I open the door). I think this is your problem. Try turning the gain down on the converter box, if I remember correctly this lessened the noise. Hope this helps.
this is a good thing to try first

· Premium Member
6,950 Posts
there is a remote wire from the head unit....use that

if you hear engine noise ( most lilky you have a POS pioneer and is having a ground issue)

you can also use a relay inbetween the head unit/remote wire(this is the CORRECT way to do it)

anyways good luck

· Registered
829 Posts
there is a remote wire from the head unit....use that

if you hear engine noise ( most lilky you have a POS pioneer and is having a ground issue)

you can also use a relay inbetween the head unit/remote wire(this is the CORRECT way to do it)

anyways good luck
Wolf - In first post, he says he is using the stock deck... Just FYI. That is why I recommended the factory antenna power...

· Registered
541 Posts
I had the same problem after they installed my amp
you can turn the volume all the way down,and still here engine noise through your speakers,and get higher pitch as you rev up

if that is the problem , then this is what you need

Amazon.com: Ground Loop Isolator: Electronics

not necessary from amazon,but you can find about 17$ if you look around

· Registered
3,115 Posts
you can turn the volume all the way down,and still here engine noise through your speakers,and get higher pitch as you rev up

What that could be from is having any power wire too close to a RCA signal wire or speaker wire. It can pick up noise.

· Premium Member
6,950 Posts

the above filters out freq that it assumes is the ground noise, most of the time you will lose deep bass notes and high notes due to the "Filters"

anyways good luck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.