Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum and here's a good tip. I've polished a buttload of aluminium and here's some things I've had good luck with. 1st, Easy Off oven cleaner will remove your clear coat on anything. If you want to polish your aluminiun wet sand, wet sand, wet sand! The smoother your surface is, the better it looks. Third, your gonna need a polishing wheel and rouge. Got my rouge at OSH and the (cotton) wheel at Harbor Freight. You can prob buy a polishing kit at Harbor Freight now. The cotton wheel can be put on a drill or bench grinder as long as it's fast enough. Start with the dark (orange/redish) rouge first and then the white rouge to finish. Gonna have to polish a 1-2 times a month, but too me well worth the work and WAY different than chrome. Something like this may have been posted before but just wanted to spread some knowledge and love for the Impala!!

·
Registered
8,569 Posts
Thanks for contributing. Pics of progress and the finished articles go a long way toward holding the attention long enough for reply from those (nearly all) ADHDTTD among us on the forum here. ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts