Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to replace my beat up inner front fenders from ny in my 95 wagon with some low mile utah's from a 91 sedan.

Is there anything I need to be aware of?.

Can these be removed with the fenders on the car?

· Registered
11,638 Posts
You can R&R them with the fenders on the car. The things you need to watch out for are: holes that are different for under hood attachments, and the air conditioning tubing at the condenser. The tubing interferes with the inside edge of the PS wheelhouse (they are called wheelhouses). You may be able to get it past, but you may have to lift the condenser to get it in (and the old one out). There are some mounting hole differences, so check them against your originals, and drill out the ones that are missing, or at the wrong place (you can weld the extra holes shut). One of the main holes that may be different is behind the PS wheel and attaches to a bracket on the firewall. There will not be many, but there will probably be a few. You have to remove the battery tray before you can remove the PS wheelhouse. The DS should be a piece of cake. No funny stuff.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.