Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had the tint on my impala almost 10 years now n starting to see some bubbles and change in color. I've heard that if i get a black garbage bag wet the surface of the window that I want to remove the tint from and put the bag on it and heat it up for a while it should come off properly. Is this possible? Also how would I remove the back tint without messing up the defogger?

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I removed my tint about 2 months ago but my back window got busted so I didn't have to worry with the defrost. As far as the side windows I used a heat gun and acetone, took about 5 mins a window. As long as the tint was warm and pulled off in one motion, not stopping and starting if left almost no glue behind.

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
I went and got a $15 clothes steamer from wolly world when i removed my tint.
Came off great and didn't mess up the defrost lines. Cleaned the glue of the glass with acetone.
Everything is great and now re-tinted.

·
Registered
11,504 Posts
The guy who did my tint, removed the old with a steamer. It gets more heat to the tint. Removing with a single motion sounds like a good idea too.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I went and got a $15 clothes steamer from wolly world when i removed my tint.
Came off great and didn't mess up the defrost lines. Cleaned the glue of the glass with acetone.
Everything is great and now re-tinted.
X2

look at mine the ones on the door came out in one piece

I still sprayed an ammonia based cleaner and scraped the side windows with a razor blade.
the back window I just sprayed the cleaner and wiped it with a shop towel came out pretty clean.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts