Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to eventually have my 95 Fleetwood repainted, the paint is fading, and lots of scratches under the vinyl roof.

I was thinking all white, two tone white roof/black car. My 94 is already white and I love the color, but two white Fleetwoods?

What about repainting it a dark blue? I love the midnite blow, maybe a cherry black?

What would you say to some more wild colors? Yellow? Orange? Pink?

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
purple passion.

I would leave it its Orignal color. Then ever jam, under the hood, ETC will match.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by 2-B1G-w00ds:
What about repainting it a dark blue? I love the midnite blow, maybe a cherry black?
I'm kinda partial the midnight blow myself. But, weren't we talkn about painting your car??? :D

Repaintng the car its original color or something close to it would be a bad idea either... Then you wont have to worry about the door jams and such... Maybe the same color but with more metal flake to it...

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another vote for the original color minus the Vinyl roof, maybe with a light blue pinstripe to match the guts.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When I repaint my car I'm already positive I'm going with black. Nothing like a black Cadillac.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Caddylack:
When I repaint my car I'm already positive I'm going with black. Nothing like a black Cadillac.
how dare you paint over that gorgess red!!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Black IS beautiful! :D Any car looks good in black, but particularly a Caddy. :cool:

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks from another reply like your interior is blue; is that right?

If so, I'd get a blue/black two-tone. The Navy Blue Metallic from the last Camaro is one of my favorite colors. Black on top to blend with 20% tinted windows :D and a silver or charcoal stripe to split the two colors. At least I'd do that on a Chevy.. it'd still look good on a Fleetwood, I'd think?

If it happens to be gray or tan interior, I'd do a silver or charcoal metallic in a heartbeat. Either way, please ditch the vinyl top. :cool:

edit I somehow forgot about all the chrome on the bottom of these things. Guess I'd pull it all off, since I hate the shiny on anything but the wheels. :|

[ 12-28-2006, 10:29 AM: Message edited by: Juggernaut ]

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cars are a matter of taste and opinion. One of the reasons I bought my Fleetwood is because of the chrome. Something from the past i guess.

If you didn't like the chrome, you bought the Impala or Roadmaster.

The roof is a matter of taste as well. Personally it looks good both ways, it all depends on the setup you have (ie. wheels and mods)

I like the classy look with spoke wheels and white wall tires and all the chrome and glitz you can get.

Before I spent all the money on repainting whole car (inside door jams, truck and what not) I would consider buying the car with the colour you want. If you have modded your car and have lots invested, I would't stray too far from the original colours considering your interior colour.

Again, its a matter of opinion.

Good luck with your decision.

BTW, I am new to this computer stuff and if anyone can give me advise as to how to add photos, it would be greatly appreciated. I would love to post pics of my Caddies.

Joe

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1985 Cadillac Fleetwood "Firemist Grey", it is black in most light, grey in others. Very slick with red pinstripes.

That would be my choice....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts