Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done some research and can't seem to find what I'm looking for. I'm putting RM dash in my Caprice and I had routed out a section to put my Caprice badge in it. While I was doing that I removed a little too much and now have to fill it in some to make it look proper. Right now the only thing I can think of is to use some 2 part epoxy to fill it and then finish it to look right. Color is not an issue as I'm going to paint the dash bezel.
Thanks for all suggestions.

Mark: Snowman-33

·
Registered
6,854 Posts
I use JB-Weld with,or without some type of reinforcing cloth for rigid plastic parts of lower dash,and door panels.

·
Premium Member
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1slow, I appreciate your comment. I too thought of JB Weld. I just always thought of it for metal repairs. It would have to be sanded down to match the contour and of course primed before paining. Thanks a bunch. I'll give it a try on a broken unusable bezel I have.

Mark: Snowman-33

·
Registered
1,725 Posts

·
Registered
1996 ImpalaSS WX3
448 Posts
I use a two part plastic epoxy just as you thought of. I apply it to the back of broken parts with a piece of tape on the front to keep the form and the repair smooth, then use SEM’s Filling primer to do any smoothing, sanding or shaping of the repair.
I think you already have this figured out but let me know if I can help any further with interior refinishing. I’ve done a bit to my Gray interior of my 96 SS...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts