Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help guys. The 94 ss has been running rough and idleing pretty rough and hesitation under load. I recently got the code 15 for ect sensor(no CEL).I replaced it cleared the code with the scantool and it just popped back up. No check engine light and this thing is running awful. In concert with the rough idle in gear the volt meter is fluctuating now? I've done the pcv ect water pump.cleaned tb maf. Checked fp and egr. I'm out of ideas man. Car has 90k. These cars are fun but a royal p.I.t.n. I could really use the help guys. I have a scantool on loan for one more day also

· Registered
2,720 Posts
I would check the connector/wires for the ECT ...maybe wiggle the wires around while car is running and see if anything changes. Are your fans working ok?

· Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would check the connector/wires for the ECT ...maybe wiggle the wires around while car is running and see if anything changes. Are your fans working ok?
Yeah gregg. When I pull the connector fans activate. Passenger side first and a few seconds later the driver side activates. It has a crappy idle and the voltmeter sinks down to halfway.

· Registered
248 Posts
Volts dropping usually means a short somewhere or the alternator is crappin' out.
However that doesn't necessarily explain why it's running crappy or your ect code 15.
I'd double check the ECT connector and trace the ECT wires wherever they go and make sure they're in good shape.
Also wouldn't hurt to check the ring terminal grounds that are on one of the two bolts that attach the coil to the front of the drivers side cylinder head. pull them off, clean 'em up and put 'em back on.

· Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Volts dropping usually means a short somewhere or the alternator is crappin' out.
However that doesn't necessarily explain why it's running crappy or your ect code 15.
I'd double check the ECT connector and trace the ECT wires wherever they go and make sure they're in good shape.
Also wouldn't hurt to check the ring terminal grounds that are on one of the two bolts that attach the coil to the front of the drivers side cylinder head. pull them off, clean 'em up and put 'em back on.
What's up Dragin. I recently pulled the coil to have it tested and forgot to clean the rings lol. I'll do that. Im gonna go after the iac tommorow and check for vac leaks. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.