Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what size bolt I need for the HO rear bar bolted up to the BMR LCAs?

I just noticed today that I had 1 bolt missing, and 2 of the other 3 were loose (lots of noise around corners and over bumps in the road).

Thanks for your input.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Don't know the size off hand, but when you replace the bolt, remove them all and thoroughly clean the bolts and holes with degreaser (to clean off/out all traces of cutting oil) before you put them back in. Also, use a lockwasher. I had the same problem, repeatedly, until I did that. Never lost a bolt though.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tom, you might wana remove one bolt & bring to industrial hardware supply store to match it. Get Grade 8. :eek:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by Erik:
Don't know the size off hand, but when you replace the bolt, remove them all and thoroughly clean the bolts and holes with degreaser (to clean off/out all traces of cutting oil) before you put them back in. Also, use a lockwasher. I had the same problem, repeatedly, until I did that. Never lost a bolt though.
Use locktite once and forget about it.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Didn't work for me until I cleaned them off. At that point, I went with a lock washer instead.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts