Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to replace my carpet in the Wagon. I've read on here that stockinteriors.com is a pretty good place to buy from. What would the color selection be for a 1996 Caprice tan interior, I plan on buying the standard plush cut pile.

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
If you go to their website, they should be able to and they did this for me, sent me samples from the color pallet. I would recommend doing this as the pictures of the color can be really deceiving, they are great people to work with as well.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice, I was considering ording some samples. What was the turnaround time after ordering from them?

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
Wasn't too long if I remember right, I would call though as I think that their online system was a little slow to process, I think it took about a week for me to get mine, maybe fast if you call them, also just noticed that you are in North Carolinac I think they are in South, maybe a road trip for you, but I know when I ordered the carpet it was here in three days. :)

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks agian. I just ordered some samples via their webite. I was thinking about driving to pick it up but its close to 400 miles one way. I'm not too crazy about driving that far to pick up a carpet. I'll post some pictures and start a thread about my carpet install.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Looks like they probably sell ACC Carpet sets. I've been installing these sets for the last 8 years! The fit is decent especially on our cars! I do highly recomend you pay the extra and get the Mass backing on the carpet. The mass backing is more like the original carpet that was installed in the car. It also helps the carpet hold it's shape better for a better finished product! This is what I installed in a RMW I'm fixing up. I've got some pics if you're interested just PM me your email.

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
Looks like they probably sell ACC Carpet sets. I've been installing these sets for the last 8 years! The fit is decent especially on our cars! I do highly recomend you pay the extra and get the Mass backing on the carpet. The mass backing is more like the original carpet that was installed in the car. It also helps the carpet hold it's shape better for a better finished product! This is what I installed in a RMW I'm fixing up. I've got some pics if you're interested just PM me your email.
Or maybe ACC gets the carpet from them :) I remember talking to the sales guy on the phone and they were molding the carpet as we talked on the phone, and yes forgot to mention mass backing is a must.

·
Registered
144 Posts
No ACC has been in business for years and make all their stuff in house in AL, they are the main manufacturer for aftermarket carpets! There used to be a few more but ACC has bought them out over the years! Trim Parts makes their own as well. Most places that sell aftermarket carpet get it through ACC. ACC Will drop ship for their retailers. They do mold it when it is ordered though! Places like Year One, NPD, and that large catalog parts dealers that use a select few kits order them truck loads at the time. The boxes always say ACC on the side of them as far as I've seen though!

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
No ACC has been in business for years and make all their stuff in house in AL, they are the main manufacturer for aftermarket carpets! There used to be a few more but ACC has bought them out over the years! Trim Parts makes their own as well. Most places that sell aftermarket carpet get it through ACC. ACC Will drop ship for their retailers. They do mold it when it is ordered though! Places like Year One, NPD, and that large catalog parts dealers that use a select few kits order them truck loads at the time. The boxes always say ACC on the side of them as far as I've seen though!
Ah that makes sense, I haven't seen their operation, just going on what the sales guy told me on the phone, you maybe right though as far as them selling ACC carpet.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I'm looking to replace my carpet in the Wagon. I've read on here that stockinteriors.com is a pretty good place to buy from. What would the color selection be for a 1996 Caprice tan interior, I plan on buying the standard plush cut pile.
Hey Rollin,
Not sure if you already ordered it and not sure about the tan interior colors but if you have any doubts about the quality, go for it at stockinteriors.com. I just installed the 8075 with mass backing from them and I love it! It is perfect for the grey interior.

Let me know which color you go with.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts