Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welp, while I'm waiting for my transmission to get rebuilt I figured I'd mess with my factory tweeters in my 96' RMW.

I am going to be replacing the factory tweeters with little Rockford Fosgate FRC2203's 4 ohms punches.

The little bit of fab work I'll have to do won't bother me but I would like to know if I have to use anything off the factory tweeters in order for these to work?

There are those little resistors on the factory stuff will I have to apply them to the Rockford's?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Welp, while I'm waiting for my transmission to get rebuilt I figured I'd mess with my factory tweeters in my 96' RMW.

I am going to be replacing the factory tweeters with little Rockford Fosgate FRC2203's 4 ohms punches.

The little bit of fab work I'll have to do won't bother me but I would like to know if I have to use anything off the factory tweeters in order for these to work?

There are those little resistors on the factory stuff will I have to apply them to the Rockford's?
The Pioneer tweeters I fitted in the factory location came with resistors. The tweeters will work without them but they will distort when turned up since lower frequencies will pass through them. The best way to run the tweeters would be through a crossover, be it stand alone or through an amplifier.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts