Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i know this goes against alot of members mods, but i am going to replace the stock rear springs in my 9C1 with the heaviest springs they offer... i live on a grape farm and i need a car that does not sit on the ground... at the moment the rear is slightly lower than the front with my tool boxes in the trunk, but when i load my car up it sits right on the ground, hardly any travel left in the spring... i will sell the stock springs if anyone is interested.. there was someone in MISC> who was looking for some...
thanx
Jonathan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Maybe you should look into getting airbags for the back. They will offer you a nice high stiff ride when you are all loaded up and then you can adjust them back to "stock" for when you are out to play. They also sell spring helpers at any auto parts store that also work great. They go inbetween two coils and give the spring a little lift and make the spring rate much higher. I did this on my last car to give the back end a little lift to fit the fat tires I was running. The spring helpers are real real cheap and I know the work airbags (for heavy loads not just lowering the car)are also fairly inexpensive!! Hope this gives you a few more ideas. Good luck selling them if you go that route!! I know someone out there will need some.

B. Currey

------------------
'95 9c1 Clone
Stock for now, but always tweaking!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey i thought about putting air shocks on my car, but i just replaced the orig shocks,
also i would like to keep my car farely simple... (K.I.S.S.) the air shock i am used to are around $100 and i thought springs were not too much more.... i am always open to suggestions...
jonathan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.