Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wagon forums get less traffic, so I'll ask here. I'm trying to take it off, and I notice that the screws that hold it in place are all torx? Anybody know what size? I want to just go out and buy the socket, not a whole set. Broke college student and all that. lol

Thanks for the help. :)

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Umm, IIRC, the Torx heads are for the bracket and adapter. The bolts holding the alternator are typical hex head. Could be wrong, its been a few years since I've been under the hood of a TBI B-body.

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
They're torx.:mad:

I know one of them is T45, I'm not sure if both of them are though.

Vise Grips can get them out too. ;)

If you can swing it, go to the hardware store, and get some replacement hex headed bolts to install it with.

The top one is M8X1.25X30mm.

The bottom one is M10X1.5X85mm.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You're my hero for giving me the regular hex dimensions.

I was told on another forum one was a T45 and another was a T55. Figures. I'm now at the mercy of another one of my friends who owns a car to go get them replaced. Fun fun.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh, don't get the wrong idea. Other than this, the car has been great. The only things I've had to do to it other than this are replacing the LF brake line, and a new rear hatch glass (thank goodness for people from here, got one for $20 plus a drive home, so really about a hundred bucks).

Other than that, it's been awesome. Hauls all my stuff, 106k miles on it now (had 101 when I bought it in March) and runs like a clock. Heck, the alt dying was kind of my fault, but that's another story. :p

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He's on both! And I was referring to the wagon section of ISSF. lol

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lies. I'm just broke until I get paid on Friday, therefore, I cannot purchase said tools... yet.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Kinda, it's crap. Still looking for legitimate employment.

·
Super Moderator
6,000 Posts
You should really get dad to hook you up at the parts place. Good place to work, you would learn lots, and get a discount.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
He doesn't have connections this far north, sadly. This summer though, I'll be able to get part time work at the store in the next town over, and hopefully transfer to a store up here after.

And I already qualify for his discount, since I'm immediate family and he registered my car with the system (he can do up to four). I get 20% off anything, all I have to do is give them his employee number. It's awesome.

·
Super Moderator
6,000 Posts
Sweet. Sign me up, too, so I can pick up parts when I am in the states. ;)

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
lol

When are you coming back to Ft. Lauderdale anyway? Perhaps I'll be nearby-ish.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nice! I have the whole month of December off, pretty much.

And I even get a week in March. Hmmm...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts