Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
I have a 96 Impala SS and before I begin, I was wondering if there are any issues I may come across with?

Thanks,
i just replaced my valve covers last weekend, the things you need to do is remove the alternator in order to put in passenger side valvecover, that the easy side, the hard side is the driver side, you have to remove the air injection pipe in order for the valve cover to come off, also remember to glue the gaskets to the valve covers, it will make it alot easier to get it in place.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
3M Weatherstripping adhesive has seemed to work well for me in the past.

·
Registered
501 Posts
moose is right use the 3M adhesive for weather stripping

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
<you have to remove the air injection pipe in order for the valve cover to come off.>

Just another good reason to remove the air pump and it's associated junk.

·
Registered
501 Posts
<you have to remove the air injection pipe in order for the valve cover to come off.>

Just another good reason to remove the air pump and it's associated junk.
yea i was thinking about removing my air pump, do i remove it by jut taking the relay out and plugging the holes or do i have to take the actual pump out put in a delete pully?

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
yea i was thinking about removing my air pump, do i remove it by jut taking the relay out and plugging the holes or do i have to take the actual pump out put in a delete pully?
You better tell us what car you have. 94-96 have an electric air pump with no pulley. Add some info in your signature and we will be happy.

·
Registered
501 Posts
You better tell us what car you have. 94-96 have an electric air pump with no pulley. Add some info in your signature and we will be happy.
sorry, i have a i have a 94 impala ss wich i know has the electric pump so i guess i just pull the relay out on that one right, and i have a 92 roadmaster that i just got last week with that older looking engine, so what should i do with that one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.