Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is rework of the "Bleeder Valve" mod posting from prior to the "incident".

For all of those who want to better maintain your Opti-Spark and keep any cooling off the motor please see below (Pictures say it all). This is a simple direct replacement of the factory bleeder valve. It allows you to put a hose on it, either temperary or perminent, to drain coolant or bleed the system at any time, hot or cold.

I used my old Opti vent hose and little green clamp to keep it mine on the barb permanently.

I used cable ties to lightly secure the hose to the lower radiator hose.

Then simply let it hang at about the level of the sway bar.

As you can see I used the brass version on my Impala and the nickel plated brass version for my wagon. I think I like the nickel one better, but both seem to work well.

Good luck!!!

OH.... and I sell them. Please look at the Group Purchase area for details................

·
Premium Member
9,190 Posts
I have not posted bleeder valves in some time, so I would thought I would put it out there again. Prices have gone up slightly, but not much.

$11 delivered for 1
$20 delivered for 2
$27 delivered for 3
continue to add $6 for each additional................

Brass or nickel plated brass are about the same cost, so no difference in price.

I would like to get commitments for 10 or so before I place an order. PM me if you are interested.

Tim

http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=229596

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
When you bleed coolant from your car, most people say put a rag over the opti, so the coolant does not drip onto it. This way, the coolant just goes back into the system or completely away from the opti while bleeding.

·
Premium Member
9,190 Posts
When you bleed coolant from your car, most people say put a rag over the opti, so the coolant does not drip onto it. This way, the coolant just goes back into the system or completely away from the opti while bleeding.
untill that rag gets sucked up into the damn belt

·
Premium Member
9,190 Posts
I'm not very mechanically inclined, I see that it allows you to bleed the coolant.. but how does that save your opti or prevent overheating. Sorry before hand if sounds like a very dumb question..
no his car overheated due to a bulbble in the system, and when we used the stock valve it got the opti wet....

so if i had this we would been able ot bleed with out dmg ot the opti...

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
damn wolf showed me the pics but i never saw that this thread

That was a crazy night when that b1tch overheated, Gotta thank wolf and his wife for all the help with the car that night, that sob pushed my car a quarter mile down the road when it ran out of water(long story)....true friends

well now we know how to solve that little problem, I REALLY HATE THE OPTI!! gotta start saving for a LTCC set up

·
Premium Member
9,190 Posts
Very nice hoses...(no ****)
HAHAHA

damn wolf showed me the pics but i never saw that this thread

That was a crazy night when that b1tch overheated, Gotta thank wolf and his wife for all the help with the car that night, that sob pushed my car a quarter mile down the road when it ran out of water(long story)....true friends

well now we know how to solve that little problem, I REALLY HATE THE OPTI!! gotta start saving for a LTCC set up
the car is only heavy uphill hahaha

and you need to buy 2 of these, if you dont have paypal give me the money and i will buy u a pair....if you want to see them in person i have 2 at the house.

they are verryyy well built...

·
Premium Member
9,190 Posts
i was the one who started this (kinda) i contacted him, he said he had a few in the back, and would start a thread up to make more so we cna buy some.

once that thread was created i got 2 for like 25$

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
I love these things!

I like these bleeder valves too. :)

I have a nickel one on my RM.

I keep the hose on it all the time,
and have it nylon tied to the sway bar.

Bleeding the air from the system has never been easier! ;)

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Every time I look at this picture I marvel at how clean your car is Stewart!!! WOW!!

Just wait.

I've been invited to my first "Invitational" Show this February.

For my area, this is the BIG TIME. :)

I've got A LOT of work planned before that show. ;)

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Congrats on the invite and good luck on the outcome. We expect pictures!!!!!!!!!!!

That's funny ;)

(my Cardomain has well over 3000 pics)

It's a two day show, and I'll be there for three days... :)

I gotta step up my game, as the RM will be surrounded
buy six figure show cars.

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
Just wait.

I've been invited to my first "Invitational" Show this February.

For my area, this is the BIG TIME. :)

I've got A LOT of work planned before that show. ;)
I second that, congrats and well deserved. Now get to work and get that thing cleaned up!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.