Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just recently purchased a 94 imp ss and the guy told me that it doesnt have a chip just reprogrammed, and that there isnt a chip for the ss. is this true and if there is a chip, which is better?

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
No chips. Get your PCM reprogammed by one of the vendors here, pcmperformance.com or pcmforless. Do some reading here and learn about your car for starters and develop a plan before your start modding. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
You have a reprogrammable pcm not a removable chip. The only thing nside the coer on the pcm you can remove is the knock module. Dont' do it. Buy a cable and tunercat, send it out or order a tuned exchange one from pcmforless, trifecta, or pcmperformance. There are others, those are just the ones i can remember right now.

Chris

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
There is no such thing as a chip for these cars. They use programming that is written into the PCM.
If you're looking to have it programmed for economy or power or any modifications you can't go wrong with Alex from PCMerformance. In fact he is having a sale on programming right now to forum members. Check this out: http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=234721 Check out his web site or give him a call. Run a search on the forum you will find nothing but praise for his work. I have tried most of the programers and can honestly say Alex has been the best.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the quick reply. mine is already reprogrammed for axle ratio .373 just had heard that and was making sure thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts