Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The subject says it all, I don't see a real easy way to remove this plastic piece right off the bat without breaking something.

I've held up my flashlight to the area highlighed/surrounded in a white rectangular box, and don't see a small tab or anything to depress.

Tips please!

P.S. I have no idea what the black bordered ghost is doing in the right-hand side of the pic, just pretend ya never saw it...like the droids.

(Can't modify header subject header to include 'LIGHT')

·
Premium Member
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I feel silly now that I went out there and just gave a good hard PULL on the dang thing...

Boy that housing certainly can get HOT with the incandescent bulb being on for a few minutes, along with ambient being ~100' right now....

I'm going to look into LEDs for those along with the courtesy light bulbs in the front door panels, since those (the entire door panel) were recent upgrades/What did you do to your Caprice this weekend.....

Does anyone here on the forum still sell the LED bulbs? If som whos the contact?

Thx!

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Well I feel silly now that I went out there and just gave a good hard PULL on the dang thing...

Boy that housing certainly can get HOT with the incandescent bulb being on for a few minutes, along with ambient being ~100' right now....

I'm going to look into LEDs for those along with the courtesy light bulbs in the front door panels, since those (the entire door panel) were recent upgrades/What did you do to your Caprice this weekend.....

Does anyone here on the forum still sell the LED bulbs? If som whos the contact?

Thx!
Ive actually had to replace those lights a few times from purchasing a low quality LED. I recently purchased a pack of 8 194 LED's from Pilot (hopefully better quality) on ebay.

One tip i can offer is before reassembling the light with new bulb verify you have the correct polarity of the bulb in the socket.

·
Registered
7,988 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1 - 5 of 5 Posts