Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be pulling the front door panels off soon to deal with issues on both sides, and was wondering if anyone 'round here still sells a kit of the nylon rollers anymore?

I know they're available on Amazon @ $6.5/Ea, and Rock for $3.5/Ea, but was wondering if a kit is available for less.

If so, please LMK.

Thanks!

·
Registered
892 Posts
If you are looking for a "door kit" I think Hamilton Chevy still sells them. It includes the rollers and new push in mounts for the door card.

I phoned several dealers and one was much cheaper than the others. Pack of 5? I used Chevy on the drivers and passenger front and then used dorman on the rest(rock auto). The door card mounts I got bulk from a local auto body supply. A 100 cost less than 2 packs of the dorman Help! brand.

It looked like I lost a fight to a wild cat. I had scratches on my hands and arms. Water heating the rollers helped but some needed clamps or vice grips to install. I only had one window that was bad but found two more with the flat OEM sliders cracked. It would go much faster if you had someone who could just hold the glass at times. If you put paper or plastic inside the door at the bottom you may have less trouble removing debris or dropped parts. I put the car on jack stands and thought that helped.

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you are looking for a "door kit" I think Hamilton Chevy still sells them. It includes the rollers and new push in mounts for the door card.
I was going to send mike an email or PM, I haven't spoken to him in a while, but thought I'd check here first.

I phoned several dealers and one was much cheaper than the others. Pack of 5? I used Chevy on the drivers and passenger front and then used dorman on the rest(rock auto). The door card mounts I got bulk from a local auto body supply. A 100 cost less than 2 packs of the dorman Help! brand.
Yeah I checked my local guy where I get list pricing, and he quoted $7.99.

I know I can get locally for ~$6.50/Ea, but like I originally wrote, I wasn't sure if someone had a stash here, or if Mike from Hamilton was still doing a kit.
Although now that I think about it, I think Mike has left Hamilton. Dunno if there's still someone representing the dealership profile here or not.

I'll have to go into my user profile and see who I have in there...

Thx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts