Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last weekend, i spent a lot of blood, sweat and tears trying to take out my center console on Black Bettie, my '96 imp. the carpet is a stained, funky gray and i'm eventually going to replace it with black.

problem is, i STILL can't find the rest of the bolts to get it off! granted, i don't have as much light as i need, and i've never disassembled my car this much, but i crawled underneath the chassis to find the phantom bolts because it seems that when i look into the guts of the shifter, there would be NO ROOM to put a bolt, or at least no way to get to it.

no luck under the car. something about a transmission and drive train.

here's the old thread with pictures:
http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=227490&highlight=front+console

if you can find them, draw a big red arrow to it, 'cuz i'm stumped and ready to light the fuse on a stick of dynamite.

· Registered
55 Posts
The front bin of the console (in front of the leeaping Deer/Impala) has a thin rubber lining on the bottom. Lift that rubber lining up, and you will see two boltheads. The rear bin (under the armrest) has two bolts also. There's a total of 4 bolts that holds down the center console. Two towards the front, and two towards the rear.

· Premium Member
753 Posts
its a 5 minute removal procedure

like mentioned above 4 bolts, two concealed under the rubber that is likely stuck with sticky stuff on yours, the shifter head was the hardest part to remove without knicking the leather, dentist pick for the win.

· Registered
893 Posts
front 2 are in the little valley under the rubber sheet hereish

if you did get all 4 bolts out and its still not moving, maybe try pulling a little harder

i spilled coke all over mine and when i pulled it off a couple years later it was almost like it was glued to the carpet but came up with a little extra tug

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.