Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
used to be a K9 unit car when i put the car in reverse the reverse lights flash on but do not remain on during a back up any thoughts on this?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Chase the reverse lights wires from the bulb socket to the interior trunk connector, and see if there are any "loose" wires.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went to electronics repair school lol I hate schematics and chasing wires lol

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you went to electronic repair school we should be asking you for the fixes to our electronic problems.

:D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Move the column shifter back and forth and see if there is a position where the light stay on.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Under the dash attached to the stering column on the top is the reverse light switch. It is adjustable. Put your car in reverse and slide it until your reverse lights work properly. Then, make sure they are off when in park and neutral.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I havent worked with electronics since I failed the school in 2003 :D but it isnt that hard if you know what the sign wave or voltage needs to read at certain components

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
"used to be a K9 unit car when i put the car in reverse the reverse lights flash on but do not remain on during a back up any thoughts on this?"

My wagon has always done that. With the original tranny and with the one that is in it now out of a fleetwood it would always flash then turn off, then i discovered that all i have to do is push the gear selecter back up to the top of the gear and it will turn on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts