Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just installed moog springs, front and back, with Bilestein shocks all the way around. my impala looks like i'm ready to go off roading! WTF...how could this have happened?
Moog spring part #'s...front 5030
rear 5245
Can anyone shed some light on this please!?!?
it's been about a week since the job has been done.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sure : those Moog springs are for a Caprice. They will raise an SS approx 2" from stock ride height.

Moral of the story : it pays to ask and be DAMN sure of your part numbers before you install them!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Moog 5030 are heavy duty springs. I'm trying to sell a set of 5044 on Ebay now but don't know exactly what the right height would be compare to the original springs.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just great...do you know of the part numbers for the SS? any recommendations for a replacement part? I have Eibach's but i was told that they are not a good spring to use to lower the SS....Hotchkis would be better. right now i'm looking for the original ride height. Thanks for all your help and another example of "should've checked the list before buying the parts!!" Thanks again.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you want original ride height and handling, your best bet is to get a set of stock SS springs. Either source them new from Dal, or source them lightly used from the Forum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts