Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i been tryin 2 get some 22s for the lo an all the sets i have tried (3) have not fit and its pissing me off cuz all the people keep sayin they are "5 lug universal" and "they will fit" an none have. i have bought an took back 3 sets. i had a set of literally brand new 24s with brand new tires for 550 worth of stuff but didnt do it cuz they didnt fit this some bullsh*t

·
Premium Member
10,064 Posts
Stop buying "universal" wheels and buy wheels that have 5x5 (5x127) bolt patterns. Problem solved.
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A UNIVERSAL WHEEL!

There are are at least 20 different 5 lug patterns I can think of right off hand. No one wheel could fit that many patterns as you have learned. People that say 5 lug universal are ignorant or, worse yet, selling stolen wheels. Ask them what kind of vehicle they came off. That will give you a clue, at least.

Adapters are only the answer if the wheels are the right offset, or if you don't mind lifting you car to clear a rim that sticks out.

·
Premium Member
872 Posts
That is one of the things I learned off this site is to do your reseach when it come to big rims and our cars. DON"T buy random wheels and expect them to fit perfect.

But then again, I'm all about tucking the wheels. Not a big fan of lifting.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A UNIVERSAL WHEEL!

There are are at least 20 different 5 lug patterns I can think of right off hand. No one wheel could fit that many patterns as you have learned. People that say 5 lug universal are ignorant or, worse yet, selling stolen wheels. Ask them what kind of vehicle they came off. That will give you a clue, at least.

Adapters are only the answer if the wheels are the right offset, or if you don't mind lifting you car to clear a rim that sticks out.
Quoted for truth and so you all can read it again....

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh no im not a amateur, lol ive bought 3 sets of 22s in the last year an to the guy in dc you prob want to much i usually pay 450- so im pretty sure thats too low for you. an i was getting them cuz oof it having 2 lug patterns like my other wheels. i kno there are alot of lug patterns out there an i keep tellin people there are alot but they have it soooo set in there minds that they will fit

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the guy sold them to dirty south for 900

·
Registered
399 Posts
I understand your frustration. I don't know why so many people sell wheels stating they are universal. If there are 10 holes, they are only 2 bolt patterns. Some people sell wheels and don't even know what the bolt pattern is. 9 times out of 10, the pattern is engraved or molded on the rear side of each wheel. All they have to do is check and put that in the listing.

Unfortunately, our bolt pattern is rare which makes the search much more difficult. I wish these cars were 5x4.75. I see cheap used sets in that pattern all the time.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Unfortunately, our bolt pattern is rare which makes the search much more difficult. I wish these cars were 5x4.75. I see cheap used sets in that pattern all the time.
you can change that...change the axles and some other stuff...theres ppl who have done it...

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
im almost ready for redrilling the brake hubs. what all does that take to do cuz 300s an chargers get all the good sh it an IM SICK OF IT!!!!! lol

·
Registered
399 Posts
im almost ready for redrilling the brake hubs. what all does that take to do cuz 300s an chargers get all the good sh it an IM SICK OF IT!!!!! lol
There's a thread on here about changing the bolt pattern to 5x4.75 but, I can't find it right now.

I see wheel deals for the Chrysler cars all day. When I had my Crown Victoria, I bought a set of Chrome 22" Staggered Asanti's with tires from a guy who had a wrecked 300. I paid $900 for them and they fit perfect. I kept them for about 2 weeks then flipped them.

·
Registered
269 Posts
i threw on my 99 suburban wheels on my 95 fleetwood ...lol just tot i let u know...we have truck bolts lol if u R buying narrow wheels ur D U M B !.. not less there 28/9.5 lol idk if they even make that...
there is a diffrence with FWD 24s and RWD 24 wheels.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
so i cant just drill the rotors to 300 pattern?? i dont see y u have to change all that when if u can just buy adaptors an make wheels fit how come u cant just redrill an make rims fit. i kno a place around here that will do it cheap at a machine shop

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
did some soul searching and found out, the 1LE camaro rotors are literally the same damn rotor already with the pattern i want in them. WTH!!! im sure there isnt alot from .25 inch difference. like around here in charlotte and surrounding 22s go for 300-600 and the dreaded 24s with brand new tires and perfect chrome for 550 that i missed out on so

step 1: get camaro rotors "1LE" for the front or shave off the part that stops me from using my own rotors and redrill. is it the axle or just the rotor??(i can get machine drilling pretty cheap i kno places around here)

step 2: take back rotors off and redrill the rotor and axle shaft...iffy part.

i have alotta time and ingenuity

any body got a pic of the back side of the axle??

1 - 20 of 20 Posts