Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GM axed Saab today. I know many of you guy don't give a $hit, but it was good car brand.

·
Registered
10,948 Posts
It had its history in the world for many years.. And now its gone... I hate when car manufactures die (well I can give 2 ****s IMHO of a jap scrap manufacturer goes away):p

Olds, Pontiac, Saturn.... I guess I can give it the old "OH WELL" like everyone else these days that don't see what was living history crumble.. But then again.. Look at car designs today and then ages ago.. Cars today just are boring from my point of view. Nothing really seperates them apart

·
Registered
897 Posts
Even though it's sad to see them go, everyone I know who owned a Saab told me of all sorts of problems they had with their car. Regardless, they swore by them. Almost as bad as Apple nuts :)

·
Registered
6,577 Posts
GWS Saab

CHANGE!

·
Premium Member
1,192 Posts
I never cared much for the 1980+ Saabs, but the 60's and 70's were pretty neat.

My dad always had Saabs when I was growing up. He started out with a '75 Blue model 99 that I always liked. It was just like this one except blue.

Then we picked up 2 Sonetts, They were both idnetical to this one, just not as nice.

Then we had a project model 96 that we never finished.

All have been sold. Then we went to Peugeots, then to B-bodys.

Go ahead and laugh at will.....

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Yeah I was reading the nashville news, they are looking at the best way to tear down/ recycle the spring hill plant
Portions of the Spring Hill plant are still operating right now. The Powertrain side of the plant (My new home) is still running and builds the Eco-Tec 4 cyl engines (Port fuel and Direct injected) for the Chevy Equinox, GMC Terrain, Chevy Malibu, Buick Lacrosse, Chevy Cobalt, HHR and all the Turbo engines for Europe and China. Spring Hill is also Stamping parts in the body shop for several other vehicle lines as well. But given GM's (and the GOVT's) recent "Liberal State" mentality, They would probably be willing to move all the engine production from a "State of the Art" Flex plant that was built in 1990 (Spring Hill)......To the GM Tonawanda NY plant, Which was built in 1938....cwm5

1 - 9 of 9 Posts