Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two in - back seat and console to go. I now have dual switching either from the side or the door. LOL My SEM's dye and paint came in from vinyl pro today so maybe this weekend The interior will be the same color again. ;) Thanks for the help GhoSSt and Gerry !

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Passenger seat is Carl's drivers is the one I got from the internet. When Carl's set came in it had my console packaged with it. It was handled by two seperate trucking companies. The second being one who does local transfers. They left the seats at my house at like 6:30 in the morning dropping the palllet off their truck, I wasn't home. When I opened them up the console had scuffed the drivers seat and taken some top leather off it right in the middle of the seat. So I will probably repair it after I finished getting the wiring completed on the drivers heat and lumbar switches and get the console mounted. But as is all the stuff Carl sends out, his seats are good.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does the console already fit well with the dash? It looks like it from that pic.

What are you going to do with the ashtray and the cup/coin holder? Does the Rivera console have a ash tray and cupholder built in? Then agin im not to concerned about the ash tray. Just the ligher for a power source.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You just need to take about 1/2 inch off the top side. Then take out your ashtray and change holder and it slides in.

The cup holder is hidden in front of the gear shift. On the side of the console there's an AC outlet adapter built in. I'm taking the change holder and glueing it into the position the casette tapes would be in, so I can throw my cell phone and junk in theire. The top of the console has a built in ashtray lighter. I'm going to cut them out what I'll stick in that hole I have yet to determine , maybe a DVD with hidden monitor.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
92RoadMonsterWagon,
The front seat area is turning out great.
Now pleeeease throw the other pair of buckets
in the back and snap a picture!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My experiment is formally over. I have decided to go back to the RoadMasteer seats, less the console area of the drivers seat of the 60/40 seats.( unless I can figure out a way to incorporate the console of the drivers seat into the Riviera console.)
Here's what I found:

1. After driving for a week with the seats I feel that the RM seats are better suited to the car. That the lumbar from the Riv seats didn't really help that much and that; and this was the clincher,my elbow couldn't rest on the drivers door on long trips. I don't know about you, but I pretty much rest one arm on the console and one arm on the door armrest when I drive. With the Riviera seats my arm was constantly having to reposition itself on the dooor armrest. this got to be a pain in the butt after any two to three hour road trip. I like to concentrate on my driving not how I'm going to sit in my seat.

2. As far as putting 4 buckets in a wagon, good luck! Unless you are a midget and you are only driving your friends from the "Wizard of Oz" around there isn't any room in the back for buckets. I'm 6'3" and my legs stuck on out both side of the front seats when I sat in the back. Our wagons are big, but not that big.

Thats it. My seats go up on eBay tomorrow. they are good seats if you need leather seats for the front and they will mount easily on the standard rails but for me I'm going to stick with my Roady's.

I'm going to do the SEMN's thing to the console tomorrow and replace the center shift area with a hammered aluminum custonm piece. My B&M Hammer floor shift should be in by Friday. Then if I have time and my "Honey Do" list isn't too long I'm finally putting in the darker blue/ black carpet I got from Tom about 4 months ago at ImpalaSS carpet in the front of the car over the weekend.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Seems strange that you couldn't find a seating position where your arm could be comfortable.
I alway use the door armrest.
That's too bad, you did a lot of work.
There's not much leg room in the back seat of our cars normally. I guess the seat bottom on the bucket seat is longer than the bench.
Oh well, I guess unless you could make two custom buckets from the original back seat somehow it's just not going to fit right.
Thanks for trying.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I did just that today. I changed from a 60/40 split seat to a 40/40 I unbolted the console, cut the front tube 3" longer and bent it around to make a curve then cut the rest of the seat off leaving some stubs of metal to form the side of the seat. I took a hacksaw and cut the foam along the edge and formed the seat.. There was plenty of left over material to cover the side of the seat. I didn't want to do all the stitching so I stopped by a small local furniture upholstery shop and the made the left over material into the side of the seat for me for $15.00 bucks. The results are just what I wanted. Tomorrow my B&M hammer shifter gets put in and then over the weekend it's carpet and SEM the console to match the interior.The picture is not too good it's 9PM here but it will givew you an idea.

The one thing I can tell you, I can change seats in a wagon from stock to Riviera (probably Bonnie) with wiring including lumbar and back of seat recline, now in under an hour...LOL I think in the last week I've done it about 20 times.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.