Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I did some searching in the main forum electrical/lighting sections but couldn't find the 2 pieces of info I need:

1) How to replace a bad bulb in that orange strip (running lights?) under the Roadmaster Sedan headlights?
2) What's the bulb type?

The factory service manual does not have a good diagram of the RMS headlight assembly. I'm guessing you have to pull the whole headlight assembly out to access the 3 bulbs in the orange strip below it and they're "194" bulbs...but..

I thought I'd ask around before I start taking stuff apart.

Thanks.
-Rizza

·
Registered
399 Posts
I had a problem with one of the bulbs a couple years ago. At the moment, I can't recall exactly what I did to accessed the bulbs but, I know that I did not remove the entire headlamp. I was able to pull that section of lights out enough to fix the bulb.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a problem with one of the bulbs a couple years ago. At the moment, I can't recall exactly what I did to accessed the bulbs but, I know that I did not remove the entire headlamp. I was able to pull that section of lights out enough to fix the bulb.
Excellent.
Thank you very much for taking time to reply.

-rizza

·
Registered
11,044 Posts
There is a small torx screw at the inside (toward the center of the car) of the mount. If you remove it, the fixture can be rotated out.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the help guys

Thanks guys, the "rotating " part was critical info. I really had to muscle mine and it was less nerve wracking, knowing that's how they're supposed to come off. The metal clips that secured the light to the body panel were rusty and I think that made them harder to remove.

-rizza

1 - 5 of 5 Posts