Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last weekend while i was at Feezel's Auto Salavage(724-336-5512)near Pittsburgh i cam across a 93 RMW with 114,000 on it .it was in drivable condtion & still current inspection on it. car had the keys in it it started right up ran good .it just needed a hood & grille body was rust free.
i tried to convince the young guy at the desk to sell it to me no dice. If there is a dealer or someone who knows how to purchase such a car .please call them this car is just way to nice to tear apart for parts. color was white woody with tan leather interior loaded and even the power ant worked

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Problem is, that dude figures he can get more for the parts than he could selling the car outright with that damage, and he is probably right. If Fred could get a hold of it I imagine he could fix it quickly and turn it around but the boneyard dude just wants to make as much as possible off it and doesnt care what happens to it...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I posted in another thread but there's a lot of wagons sitting in junkyards in Japan too. Most just being picked apart for parts too. Same deal.

The owners put the whole cars up on auction sites but just to advertise the parts on them. Not to sell the whole car. Here's a few examples. Nearly all custom too.

Sorry know they're of little use being scrap on the other side of the world, but thought I'd post as a curio you guys to see. Sad sight...

Check this end of this thread for more and a bit of background...

http://impalassforum.com/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=20;t=006001

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah breaks my heart to see em. Love these boats!

Kind of ironic when you think about the number of Japanese cars that will be in American junkyards in the future. American cars are still far outnumbered by Japanese cars here. But for a big American car in Japan the Caprice Wagon was popular during its time. Probably second only to the Chevy Astro Van and C-1500s.

Of course there are a lot of Vettes and F-bodies here too.

There are still plenty of nice wagons out there tho.

There! That's better!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
man i.d like to have a couple of those filled smooth tailgates,. roll pans etc,..
howza bowt you buy up some stuff and we'll ship it back here??
nick

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Man, if you guys see those some should post up. A shaved tailgate is a good find. I would like to find one b/c the cost of labor for me is the killer. Even a couple of those front bumpers are modded as well.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think the cost of shipping would outweigh the value of the parts :( Sometimes when I've ordered stuff for my Impala from the USA the cost of shipping is more than the part is worth

If I had space I'd think about buying a few and doing something with them later. In central Tokyo at the moment. So not really an option with the high cost of storage.

Like I said in my other post, seen so many shaved wagon tailgates and smooth roll pans here I actually thought they were stock parts or options when I was new to wagons in the mid 90s. You see more like that than you do stock.

I'll post some more pics later.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.