Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
This for your 93 caprice?

And what year roadmaster are you taking stuff from?

a complete 94+ non-limited roadmaster interior will go right into a caprice. Dash, panels, seats, etc.

your 91-3 roadie stuff will work in a 91-3 caprice.

color will be slightly different, different material (carpet) and different pull handles & switch bezels, but yes, it will work.

·
Registered
11,534 Posts
If you change both the top and front pieces they should fit. The Caprice has a dip in the passenger's side, and the RMS/W has a straight dash and pad. There is a depression in the dash support in all of the cars, so the panels can be put in either kind of car, but you have to use both the front and the pad.

·
Registered
904 Posts
91-93 roady panels will work but the black rubber strip is different on the back doors because the back windows have that small window in the back door. And wdotanthony, I'm not sure how interchangable the dash's are but I'd have to asume they are close also you would have to use the cluster as well wich as far as I know has the exact same wireing as a caprice, the plugs are the same at least.

·
Registered
11,534 Posts
The cutouts for the rear door where the top trim meets the rear of the door interior are different on some cars. Some of them will leave a gap between the trim and door interior.

·
Registered
615 Posts
If you change both the top and front pieces they should fit. The Caprice has a dip in the passenger's side, and the RMS/W has a straight dash and pad. There is a depression in the dash support in all of the cars, so the panels can be put in either kind of car, but you have to use both the front and the pad.
I noticed that depression while at the yard today and got me to thinking. Also noticed I would have to use the roady cluster as 305 stated. Now are rms clusters one plug or two?

·
Registered
11,534 Posts
The RMS/W, OCC, and digital 9C1 clusters should all fit. The RMS/W, and OCC clusters have 2 connectors. I am not sure about the digital 9C1 cluster. Someone has one of the 9C1 clusters for sale in the parts for sale section.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I noticed that depression while at the yard today and got me to thinking. Also noticed I would have to use the roady cluster as 305 stated. Now are rms clusters one plug or two?
I just realized that the 91-93 roadmaster cluster mite be different from the caprice I know the 94-96 cluster plugs are identical between each other. someone els will have to answer about the cluster but I would asume they cant be to far off from each other

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.