Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like my Roadmaster deal is finally going to happen. I have located a 3.23 posi rear end from a '91 Caprice so that will fix the 2.56 open that is in the car now. I am going to replace all of the steering pieces but the center link has a shock that runs to the frame. I have never seen this before on the other 5 B-bodies I have owned. It looks like an extra cost piece to me. When I get my new center link can I just put the standard one in and eliminate the shock?

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
Basically,yes if you no longer want/need the dampener.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I eliminated mine when I rebuilt the front end of my my roady.
Felt zero difference, but mine was a super low, minimal front suspension travel, bump steering mess.

·
Registered
29 Posts
It looks like my Roadmaster deal is finally going to happen. I have located a 3.23 posi rear end from a '91 Caprice so that will fix the 2.56 open that is in the car now. I am going to replace all of the steering pieces but the center link has a shock that runs to the frame. I have never seen this before on the other 5 B-bodies I have owned. It looks like an extra cost piece to me. When I get my new center link can I just put the standard one in and eliminate the shock?
My roady didnt come with one. Works just fine without it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts