Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, im new here but ive had my car for quite sometime. Its a 1994 Buick Roadmaster and ive got about $2k invested into the vehicle so far.

Im looking to upgrade to an LT4 camshaft now (along with 1.6 rockers). Does anyone know where i can find a cam with the rockers/valve springs/install kit?

Thanks a lot!

- 1994 Buick Roadmaster (DGGM)

Cold air intake (short dual filter)
160 t-stat
Dual muffler delete
Dual resonator delete
91 octane
Eaton posi diff
4.10 gears
Pcmforless.com tune

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
Ebay or ls1tech.com

I should mention though that you would get more out of a custom grind from AI or LE.

The LT4 cam while good back in the day for an upgrade, isn't the best in the world for our heavy cars these days with the ability of the custom grind.

Also your tune will have to be changed ;)

read here if you haven't already.

http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=248812

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont know much about AI or LE, are they vendors or private shops?

Im not looking for crazy performance, just a decent boost and a nice choppy idle... Atleast this is what I observed on Youtube from B-body cars with LT4 cam + supporting mods.

I read that article you sent me and the custom cam grinding does sound really neat, I didnt even know that was an option. If I can order a custom cam that would be great since I live in Ontario, Canada.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I talked to Loyd Elliott and he recommended the 224/230 .560/.544 112 LSA custom cam (with rockers, springs, push rods and of course a new stall converter).

It sounds like a decent setup from the information he provided, 800rpm gain with a nice choppy idle.

Do you know anyone with this cam? (or know of a similar setup) I would just like to hear an exhaust clip before I purchase the cam.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts