Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed new inner and outer tierods,idler arm and the buick roadmaster center link so i can use the steering damper on my 95 9c1.Has anybody that has done this remember (ball park figure) what they paid for the damper frame bracket.I used all Moog parts above and went to a local Gm dealer for the bracket. I gave him part #10245794 for the damper bracket #454947 for the bolt and #9442937 for the nut.The nut and bolt prices were under $10.00 for the pair. The bracket though he said was $126.00 special order. That seems high for a bracket. Can anybody give me a better source for this bracket.Thanks for any help in advance. Bill

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I ordered the bracket hardware from Dal:

P/N - price
10245794 - 20.61
454947 - 4.24
9442937 - 0.36

This was ordered back in October. HTH

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Brian, I thought $126.00 was way out off line. I even had him recheck the # again and he came back with the same figure. Thanks again Bill

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As of Dec 4th the prices for the brace p/n 10245794 that gets welded to the frame for the Roadmaster center link conversion was $126.00 NU-CAR CHEVY,Delware.Combination motor sports (Sam Smith)$85.00 . Dale $76.32 Dale said the bracket is listing for $132.00 now.Even with the great discounts I could not see paying even $76.32 for a bracket that went for $20.61 two of months ago.I ended up making my own out of some heavy wall square tubing using a band saw and drill press and a little grinding.Looks great and even worked! Anybody thinking of doing this conversion might want to think of making their own bracket and save themselves some money. I got my material out of the scratch bin at work, so my cost to make this was 0. Just my two cents!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That settles that! The plan from here on is to fabricate the bracket (yourself).

Interesting that GM would even consider continuing to make the part available at that price.....and I can't imagine that anyone would pay even the new cost price for a folded piece of flat steel with a hole drilled in it.

Glad to see you make a decision to not accept that (as a solution) and come up with your own. :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Next time I talk to Dale I,m going to ask him what could drive up the price From $20.00 to the price their getting now.If it is a mistake in the system mabe there is somthing he can do to try and straighten it out.It is nuts that i can buy a power steering pump (rebuilt) for $72.00 with my GM discount at my Local dealership but they want that type of money for a bracket.Something is definitly wrong.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.