Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found a beautiful set of gray seats from a 94 RMS Cash for Clunker car with onlu 79,000 miles on it...made me really sick. I couldn't let the seats be crushed so I picked them up. I always wanted leather in my '95 Caprice sedan so I threw them in to see what it was like.

Not sure if I like the gray seats in the blue interior yet...time will tell. I guess if I hate it after a few months, I will attempt to SEM the seats.

Haven't found many pics of these seats in a Caprice so I will upload them here in case anyone is interested in seeing what it looks like.

Will take more pics tomorrow since it became dark when I finished installing the fronts...

Here's the front seat AFTER some heavy cleaning...almost mint!!

·
Registered
11,255 Posts
You should be able to sell then with ease if you decide they are not right for you. A couple more gray parts and it would make an interesting two tone interior.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here are some more pics... added a woodgrain dash and leather-wrapped steering wheel i found at the junkyard...'96 wheels are slightly different than '95 wheels. Who knew?

Dash BEFORE:

AFTER:

My front seats from the Roadmaster:

The parts to my next interior upgrade:

Pay no attention to my dirty floors...its winter. I will clean them.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
good finds. that steering wheel must have come out of an LS caprice because normaly the wheels as far as i know are the same between 94-96. also those seats are in good shape, you should consider giving thees people a call http://www.vinylpro.com/ and order some leather seat paint to bring back the original color. it will cost you probly about $60 in materials but it will look original. just gotta wait for it to warm up.
heres mine, before on left after on rite.

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
you should consider giving thees people a call http://www.vinylpro.com/ and order some leather seat paint to bring back the original color. it will cost you probly about $60 in materials but it will look original. just gotta wait for it to warm up.
I've also done some business with Vinyl Pro. Gook folks to deal with. Their shop is only a few miles down the road from relatives in PA.

·
Registered
6,443 Posts

Not sure if I like the gray seats in the blue interior yet...time will tell. I guess if I hate it after a few months, I will attempt to SEM the seats.

Youll like them, I said the same thing, with my bonnies. I wondered if theyd even work. I have blue interior, and ligh greys its a big contrast, and I like it.

If anyone else wants to do this mod. LMK few roadies, seats that need new homes PM me, and dont arse up his thread. Thanks.

I was gonna do roadie seats at one time too, they look pretty good.

·
Premium Member
4,136 Posts
i have the same seats in tan in my 95 caprice wagon.the former owner installed them.i love the ride and look.like sitting in a lazy boy.also former owner redid the back seat to match the front roadie seats.did a super job.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
good finds. that steering wheel must have come out of an LS caprice because normaly the wheels as far as i know are the same between 94-96.
Well I thought the same thing and took the wheel with that in mind...ironically the driver window was blown and the interior exposed to the weather--luckily someone had a silly wheel cover on it and preserved the whole thing very well!!

But anyway the 95 wheel had the horns outside of the airbag unit and the unit pressed on the horn buttons which were clipped into the rubber of the wheel. On the original 96 (probably LS) I got the wheel from, the horns were built into the SIR air bag unit and the holes were not made in the rubber for the 95 style horns...also had to drill out the screw holes to get my 95 air bag screws with springs to fit. Very wierd, but it works. i really gotta slam on the horn though to make it work.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
i also have a gray set that's going into the 92 with blue insides, i grabbed the gray seat belts also when it got mine,i was wondering how it was going to look , thanks for the pics,ill be needing to change the rug first maybe black instead of another blue one but that's a spring thing

1 - 12 of 12 Posts