Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 RMS and today, while I was washing the car, my five year old son broke off the hood ornament ...

So heres my question, now .... I have seen people delete the hood ornament, by placing a round and flat Buick emblem over the hole, on the Roadmaster Wagons, which have a different hood, than my sedan. Will the flat badge work on the sedan hood ???? Has anyone used a flat badge to delete the hood ornament, or seen it done, and does it work well on the sedans ????

Also, does anyone have a RMS hood ornament for sale ?? May be looking for one if the flat badge wont work. Looking for genuine RM hood ornament for a 95 sedan. Let me know.

·
Registered
10,905 Posts
I used a belt sander and ground the original base down to a nub, then filled the hole with Bondo, smoothed it, painted it to match, and reinstalled it. If you found a small Buick logo, you could glue it to the remaining button as well.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I picked up some round and flat Buick emblems from ebay today. Im going to just take off the hood ornament thats on there now, and attempt to stick on the emblem in its place.

I will post some pics, once its done.

·
Registered
10,905 Posts
That should increase your gas mileage by about .001 MPG.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts