Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
don't laugh...

I'm wondering if anybody here has ever seen or done a roadmaster with an SS treatment.

maybe a different grill, wheels, lose the chrome and rubber side moldings.

I'd be interested in seeing come concepts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I couldn't find what I was looking for, so I did a photoshop for a concept.

anybody like this? I wonder if a SS spoiler could be made to work on a buick trunk

·
Registered
8,637 Posts
If it's a Buick, it's GS! Buick Roadmaster Gran Sport.

"Dep50ae" - is the member "Buffman" on here. Matt Hoffman. I bought that Roadmaster from him 3 years ago. I personally don't like the way the car looks with the chrome trim missing. The car looks incomplete due to the bumpers still having it. I was debating putting chrome back on. Maybe blacking it out.

You can see more photo's of it on my photobucket.

http://s113.photobucket.com/albums/n212/MrCadillac_Magnum/Dr Buick/

·
9,190 Posts
If it's a Buick, it's GS! Buick Roadmaster Gran Sport.

"Dep50ae" - is the member "Buffman" on here. Matt Hoffman. I bought that Roadmaster from him 3 years ago. I personally don't like the way the car looks with the chrome trim missing. The car looks incomplete due to the bumpers still having it. I was debating putting chrome back on. Maybe blacking it out.

You can see more photo's of it on my photobucket.

http://s113.photobucket.com/albums/n212/MrCadillac_Magnum/Dr Buick/
why did u take the ss wheels off? or is it a winter thing?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nice! I like the grill treatment. The car seems to have gone through an evolution. I notice in some pics the hood emblem is there, and others I can't see it

It think with the chrome, it either has to be all there or all NOT. I notice in your car the bumpers still have it, and the door handles are still silver

still undecided about the wheels... there doesn't seem to be much available in 17" with this bolt pattern. If I went with the SS wheels, I would want to replace or cover the emblem

thanks for the pics though. It really helps me

·
Registered
8,637 Posts
why did u take the ss wheels off? or is it a winter thing?
I wanted to see what the car would look like on 15's. They are currently on another Roadmaster. I would like to find another set, but locals think they are worth billions.

·
Registered
8,637 Posts
nice! I like the grill treatment. The car seems to have gone through an evolution. I notice in some pics the hood emblem is there, and others I can't see it

It think with the chrome, it either has to be all there or all NOT. I notice in your car the bumpers still have it, and the door handles are still silver

still undecided about the wheels... there doesn't seem to be much available in 17" with this bolt pattern. If I went with the SS wheels, I would want to replace or cover the emblem

thanks for the pics though. It really helps me
The emblem is gone. I'm not wild about how it was done, and feel it needs a little bump there to tie it all in. I was going to take a Roadmaster hood ornament that broke off and plaint it black. The side chrome does need to be all or nothing. The bumpers are the biggest obstacle there.

The center caps do have a Buick emblem. I don't know if there is a photo in there.

·
9,190 Posts
I wanted to see what the car would look like on 15's. They are currently on another Roadmaster. I would like to find another set, but locals think they are worth billions.
want to buy mine? i have some, rears have been modd'ed to 9.5

·
Registered
8,637 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wow, just wheels can make a huge difference

If I do this. I'm going for a full transformation and get rid of the chrome

1 - 20 of 31 Posts