Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are they completely interchangeable with caprice? i'm looking for one. would like to find a used one.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Yep, interchangeable with Caprice. UHaul still lists them for sedan and wagon, Class II and Class III. The Class II is listed as out of production, but there are a few in inventory at dealers. They'll ship it from wherever. I just bought a Class II sedan version with hardware to go on my Fleetwood for the nice closeout price of $139.

The hardware includes 4 bolts. You might use only two from the kit along with two from the car depending on which style of bolt is originally on your car. The directions explain all that.

The only problem was having to cut a 3/4" x 1/4" bit (non-loadbearing) off the ends of a flange to get enough room to put the nuts on the bolts that go through the bumper shock mounts. It's thick high-grade steel and using the air cutter took awhile. When you test-mount the hitch you'll see whether it's a problem on your car. Other than that, it fit perfectly. I don't want it breaking a bolt or coming off, so I used a torque wrench and Loctite.

Curt Mft lists hitches as well. Both UHaul and Curt sell the wiring harness, too.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Click on the box where it says Heavy Duty 1 1/4 inch Rec and a drop-down menu appears with the other one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts