Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i have a 92 occ and the luggage racks on it are kinda ugly to me i want to shave them off of my roof and fill in all the holes when im repainting it is there any tips or tricks that this might not be the best idea or what so just give me some feed back please.thank you :confused:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Do what you like. Alot of work but eh, if it's what you want.

I forget how many, but there are a slew of holes to fill and you have channels a couple inches wide on both sides of the roof you have to fill in.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im doin the same thing on my wag. If i recall correctly i think there is like 50 holes total to weld shut(not sure if that was just the roof or the roof along with the woodgrain) and there are places to get the fillers for the sides if you dont feel like making them. I think last time i checked street trends they were like 120 bucks or something. if yur repainting yur car anyway, its a pretty simple thing to do if you can weld decent.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the help i was thinking the hardest part would be getting the bodywork smooth and making it not noticable to the eye. what else i think would be cool is that on the old wags like the nomad have chrome strips along the top of the roof going the long ways down the top. how woud that look?

Hell if its that much work ill convert to a 2 door!!!!! :D :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On your Olds, since you have the roof glass..it's going to be very difficult. All the smooth roofs that I've seen been done so far, have all been Caprices (no roof glass).

The sheetmetal behind your roof glass is not flat at all, because the roof glass is raised up in the rear, and is also bolted down through the roof as well.

On an Olds or Buick, I'd say it would be a major undertaking...unless your going to remove the glass completely

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.