Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, my setup is as follows: 22" wheels with 255/30/22 in front and 285/30/22 out back, Intrax springs with 1/3 coil cut from the fronts, and stock shocks. It has never seemed to bother me as much as it does now. It's almost unbearable doing 80 on the highway sometimes. What can I do to smooth it up a little? I was thinking maybe some Monroe or Bilstein shocks? Any other suggestions are appreciated (however I want to keep my current stance).

Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Raise it back up.

Those springs are too short and too soft, the harshness is because you're basically hitting the bumpstops all the time.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I love the look of the wheels tucking under the fenders though, I don't really want to give that up. I guess I'll deal with it if I have to.

So would new shocks give me a better ride, at all?

How about another spring? The only others that I'm aware of, with about the same drop, are ST and Sprint. Are these just as soft?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Shocks may help a little (especially since the OEM ones were pretty much crap when NEW, let alone with miles on them!), but it isn't gonna really solve the fundamental issue of hitting the stops.

similarly, ZQ8 stops may help some.

All the "off the shelf" springs are too soft in front other than hardcore "race" springs (i.e. Rustic or Global West). The Race springs would need to be cut to get to that level of stance. It would still ride stiff, but likely less harsh than now.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, good to know. I see that the price of Rustic springs includes cutting to desired height.

Looks like Rustic springs, ZQ8 stops and shocks are in order soon. I still have the tiny bump stops from the Hotchkis kit, from when I was running Hotchkis springs. That was a great ride, however didn't give me the "tuck" I was looking for.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.