Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
could anyone tell me if there is a RPO code for the factory wire wheel hubcap key?
I need to order the key to get the wire wheel hubcaps off and i know there must be a number or letter on the lock nut that secures the hubcap to the wheel. (anti theft) the lock nuts are somewhat damaged and i can't read the number / letter. I tried different keys from friends, but none is the same.
So guys, if possible help me out.
thanks

·
Premium Member
1,889 Posts
There was a card that came with all the owners manuals and other factory paperwork. On that card was a code and contact info for the company that made the "keys". That's the only way you can get the "key" that I'm aware of. Otherwise, you could try the service dept. or used car lot of a chevy dealership in your area. The one I used to work at kept a box of them. The other option is a tire place or other service center that has a removal kit. Things like round, tapered sockets that you pound on the lugnut style locks. Don't remember exactly what they used for the hubcap style.

Sean

·
Registered
24 Posts
He's right about the card. BUT if it is gone, you can go into the parts department at a GM dealership and tell them what color your nuts are. Wheel lock nuts that is. I was a GM parts consultant from 1975 until February of 2009 when the economy hit. I'm not kidding, it really is done by the color of the lock nuts. Look at all of them and make sure what color they are.

Shenny

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thnx so far guys, i'll give it a try.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts