121 - 140 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Didnt go back & read this again, but when I installed the kit, I wrote
QTY 4 P/N 4114
QTY 2 P/N 4142
Which were the P/N's that I needed.
Not saying the 4142's wont fit in all 6 positions, only that based on the way ES matched upper & lowers, THESE were the mates.
Reusing hardware (like sleeves) can be difficult if the vehicle saw salt in its life
Usually you can see what to expect based on the rear most assemblies (tail & trunk)
My sons been riding with the 4145 kit for a few months now (I've driven it)...that kit isnt to harsh...I like it.

·
Registered
524 Posts
thanks for info this post after awhile gets confusing and i have anti seize already

·
Premium Member
8,429 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Review after installing ES Black bushings

Ehhhh....

I'm thinking about going back to stock.

I installed all the lower body bushings from the ES kit (black). I did not install the uppers, after I dented the driver side floorpan doing some untrained jackassery. (Ya gotta learn somehow) I installed the lowers using more lube than Noel carries on a Friday night in West Hollywood. (Hey-O)
Suspension is the "me-too" combo: Bilstein/Hotchkis, Hotchkis sways, 275's on a stock rim

Impressions after installing all the lowers?

NVH up, car feels jittery over road imperfections, new rattles in addition to my old rattles, car wander/hunts more.....

Does it feel more "buttoned up"? yep.. A little tighter up front, and while I'm sure the benefits would be apparent if I drove at 9/10ths, I have neither the skill nor the forum to do either.

YRMV

For me, the increase in NVH outweighs the benefit

·
Registered
524 Posts
i was going to order the bolts as well as some other parts from rms but they are closeing there doors.does anyone know where i can get the bolts cheap

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I have all the GM bushings new in the packages for the Mueller up grade if measurements will help, have no clue where to go to have the durometer of the rubber checked... any suggestions ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am interested in buying the full energy suspension kit mentioned above for my 96 ss but am wondering if anyone knows an effective way to replace these? I have a lift at my house but am imagining that if I take them loose and the body shifts slightly that ill be in trouble trying to get it aligned again....

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yea I'd like to replace my bushings. It's very simple. Iv read through all these pages & well we all want the best for our B-bodies. I'm curious if the hardware would work on our cars. The set that's on this page.

·
Registered
72 Posts
All state can kiss my a$$. I also forgot to mention I'm a mechanic & have hands on experience with the poly in red & the poly in black. Although iv installed poly on rebuilds & race applied vehicles. I just want up to date info on our 19 year old tanks. Sooo (that's y I'm here looking for different views) for 1994-1996 chevy SS impalas. I understand the vehicle came with rubber body bushings & so on. I have the 3 books for the 1994 carline service manuals for caprice & road master. Books & reading is where you learn things. Hands on experience & knowing the tricks to the trade also help. Instead of experimenting I'd like to just further my knowledge & have actual mechanics like my self, to give us a heads up on our street (sleeper) impalas.:)

·
Registered
6,864 Posts
Generally the black bushing material is impregnated with graphite,the red ones are not.

·
Registered
72 Posts
This is true. When you touch them you can actually feel the difference. Like I said before I'm just gonna use the black kit from summit. I might just try 2 bushings where I need them the most... By the rear wheels. My car is not to stock & I luv her.:)

·
Registered
8,536 Posts
121 - 140 of 174 Posts