Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I don't know if a lot of you already know this, but I just discovered this today with my buddy showing me this little trick..

After you drop the wire pull the carpet back and you'll see the factory wires..

Here is a pic of the passenger side rear..

Now running up to the trunk..

Ran out of matt..trunk is covered all the way up to this point..

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man..My buddy came over and showed that to me..(I had 4 gage ran on the driver side) just for conversation what are the various reasons?

·
Premium Member
6,358 Posts
I ran mine that way long ago, thru the sweet spot below the heater that people recommended.
just be carefull of sharp edges going thru the rear seat/trunk opening, I think I put mine thru closer to the rear wheel well.
and fuse it up by the battery.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right on thanks for the heads up..I have a extra battery in the trunk..So 3 circuit breakers..one after main battery, before second battery, and after the second battery going to the amp..I have some more things to do to the audio before I can post some more pics..cant wait to finally put my front door panels on so I can install the 6 1/2'' boston pro's and hook up the 4 channel..It's been a long time coming

·
Registered
284 Posts
looks sweet bro. i did the same thing last year when i upgraded my system!

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
Thanks man..My buddy came over and showed that to me..(I had 4 gage ran on the driver side) just for conversation what are the various reasons?
I just like to have very heavy current capable/carrying wiring outside of the passenger area. The way you have yours is nice, I have seen some really shady installs in the past though. Chafing would be my highest concern, but it looks like you did it right :)

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, I'll be sure to put loom for the entrance and exit so no Chafing happens..I still have to get my black carpet so the SS is still apart

1 - 9 of 9 Posts