Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there are rust repair (patch) panels available for the floor? I need to fix a couple of areas on the drivers floor and right rear seat area.
It appears that the original floor is no longer avail.

Thanks for the input

Matt

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Matt, sorry I don't have an answer to your question, but I wanted to ask, does the '91-455' in your nick mean you have a 455 engine in your '91, and if so, what make?

Just curious.

Thanks,
Dave

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dave,

I have a '70 olds 455 block- performer intake, forged pistons, compcams bumpstick and a bunch of other things. Unfortunately, the engine is not yet installed. It will be mated to a massaged ex GN / 442 T200-4R (upgraded with corvette clutches, high perf. bands etc.) The tranny is built to take 700 HP. The engine is built for torque, not max HP. I figure that I'll see 500-520 HP, 530-560 ft-lbs torque. The hang-up this year had to do with time and my decision not to carburate it as initially planned. I will be going to TBI, so I have a bit of work to do with the swap.

On another note, there is someone up here in Kelowna that is riving with a TBI 454 installed in his wagon- the car used to be in Vanc.

Hope it helps

Matt

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info, Matt. Very interesting project you have going there. I've heard something about a local guy with a wagon and TBI 454 engine in it, although I'd never seen it myself.

You plan on running dual GM TBI's?

Dave

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ooohhh!

I'm salivating. Can you give details of your swap...motor mounts, exhaust, tbi considerations, etc?

I'm very interested in this possibility (someday).

Thanks,
Clem

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Come on guys, anyone have an answer to my question?

As to yours, I will update when it's time to drop it in...

Matt

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Matt,

I am currently stripping and parting out a couple of B-bodies (a '95 and a '94).

I could cut out a perfectly clean piece of floor for you if you need it. Absolutely clean floors front and rear. Let me know at

[email protected]

Gary Meier

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just want to thank Gary for offering to get me the floorpan.
Unfortunately, the shipping/ brokerage to the Canadian Westcoast killed the deal.

Thanks again Gary.

Matt

1 - 8 of 8 Posts