Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been spending some time working with Jeff (owner of TurnOne) on offering a good steering box for our cars. Many of you know that there is kind of a void out there... you are basically faced with buying a GM box or a sub-standard rebuild from a parts store. Well not any more.

These boxes are built from all new components and are assembled by guys that know whaty they are doing.

These boxes are approximately 5 lbs lighter than stock and are available plain or with a ceriamic coating. -6AN fittings are also included.

Three ratios are avaiable 10, 12 and 14.
The 12 will maitain your current feel and the 10 is a quicker box.

Prices are as follows (delivered to your door)
14 or 12:1 $440 ($500 coated)
10:1 $700 ($780 coated)

A little something about TurnOne:
Turn One is owned and operated by fomer General Motors employees with a
combined total of 50 years experience in steering system development and engineering.
Turn One products are tuned to fit your individual needs. Turn One products are precisely
assembled, blueprinted, and tested to give you the best quality product available.

Facts

Turn One provides steering components for 40% of the NASCAR Nextel Cup Series.

Turn One provides the steering components for the 1999, 2000, 2002, and 2004 NASCAR
Nextel Cup Champions!

Turn One supplys NASCAR Busch Series and NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series
teams, and the local Saturday night racers.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got any pics Rustic. Those sound like some nice boxes. If I have the cash later this year I wouldn't mind stepping up to a 12:1 box and ditch this variable effort POS..

Now you just need to make competively priced intermidate shafts.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by 2 Qwik:
Chris
When will these be available.
Thanks
Jim
As soon as I can get and order of 8 or 10 put together. I'll start a thread in the "group purchase" section to get things rolling.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Chris
Count me in for a 10:1 ratio.
Also have money in hand ready to buy a set of upper control arms as soon as they are available.
Thanks
Jim

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by 2TONFUN:
What is the reason for the $260.00 difference for the 10-1 box????

Andy
The big jump in price is because for the "standard" ratio boxes they can just buy the gears and parts that they need for the build... for the "non-standard" ratios they have to use custom parts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.