Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

Sorry, I just don't know and due to the loss of the old posts I can't find out.

Whatever happened to Rustic Racing, I can see that his site is down now, but I was just wondering if anyone could tell me why. Did Chris just run out of steam?

I've been taking care of school and starting a new job for the past few months, so I'm doing a lot of catch up.

Jason

· Registered
358 Posts
I believe the business is done. It's too bad, it looked like he had a lot of great products (light weight dual piston calipers for the front, high quality flex hoses, etc) that I haven't seen anywhere else.

· Registered
568 Posts
I dunno time I guess and mostly product design.

So far I've got :
lower control arms. (I am just waiting for my JD2 bender to arrive before I make the prototype set, but the lowers will be available for shockwave/coil over set up, regular bag mount and about 1"-1.5" drop control arm for standard coil springs)
uppers are still being planed out
SOILD inner and outer tie rod connectors
a billet steering center section w/ all heim joint connections
New rear control arms
bolt in rear coilover/shockwave mount

But I am still thinking of what B-body owners needs would be and looking to make some parts to fit that need. Hopefully by next month I will launch my Hot Rod/Fabrication shop and then come out with a full line of parts...

· Registered
358 Posts
Sounds great Adam.
Good luck getting the business up and running.
I'm sure there are a few of us that will help you out getting some inventory moving.

· Registered
374 Posts
You got another future customer right here sir, and I already kno the comminication and ship time will be better. lol

Good luck, and hurry up. lol

ZACH

· Registered
126 Posts
front arm change

Does anyone remember when Rustic changed their front control arm design? The originals were tough to align and design was changed so the newer ones worked. Got mine from Chris in August 2007. Guy who bought my wrecked '96 SS needs front arms and mentioned going tubular. Figured I could sell my NIB Rustic arms to him but I don't want to stick him with a problem if these are the old design.

· Premium Member
2,566 Posts
I dunno time I guess and mostly product design.

So far I've got :
lower control arms. (I am just waiting for my JD2 bender to arrive before I make the prototype set, but the lowers will be available for shockwave/coil over set up, regular bag mount and about 1"-1.5" drop control arm for standard coil springs)
uppers are still being planed out
SOILD inner and outer tie rod connectors
a billet steering center section w/ all heim joint connections
New rear control arms
bolt in rear coilover/shockwave mount

But I am still thinking of what B-body owners needs would be and looking to make some parts to fit that need. Hopefully by next month I will launch my Hot Rod/Fabrication shop and then come out with a full line of parts...
So are you thinking about making both control arms as well as trailing arms?

Thx.

· Premium Member
8,748 Posts
So are you thinking about making both control arms as well as trailing arms?

Thx.
You know you just posted to an 8 1/2 year-old posted......I wouldn't expect a response too soon. :-/

KW

· Premium Member
8,748 Posts
Does anyone remember when Rustic changed their front control arm design? The originals were tough to align and design was changed so the newer ones worked. Got mine from Chris in August 2007. Guy who bought my wrecked '96 SS needs front arms and mentioned going tubular. Figured I could sell my NIB Rustic arms to him but I don't want to stick him with a problem if these are the old design.
KC, I do believe yours are the updated ones.

KW

Reactions: KC Clark
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.