Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I get a call from my cousin while I'm @ work informing me that my package from S&P(adapter plates and headers) arrived.....

So all day I'm trying to figure out a good enough excuse to ask my supervisor if I can leave early... No dice!

Finally I get home and tearing open packages like a 6 year old @ 12:00am Christmas day just to realize that the adapter both say "ImpalaSS, drivers side", WTF!!!! So of course by now S&P is closed for the weekend and I'm s-o-l until Monday when I'll be calling them from work.:mad:

Can someone just confirm if this is a screw up on they're behalf or are the adapters stamped for both drivers and pass side?

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is some frustrating [email protected]#%! I've been waiting all week for these things and then get of the same parts. Talk about bad luck!

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
You're fine. Both of mine say drivers side also, as does my buddy's. Here's a tip though, leave the clamshells on the crossmember loose if you're replacing the inserts, and you may have to cut one or 2 of the tabs off for everythig to line up.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
You're fine. Both of mine say drivers side also, as does my buddy's. Here's a tip though, leave the clamshells on the crossmember loose if you're replacing the inserts, and you may have to cut one or 2 of the tabs off for everythig to line up.
Elaborate on this?

Also ls1caprice when you do your swap can you take detailed pics of where you notched the frame thanx

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Elaborate on this?

Also ls1caprice when you do your swap can you take detailed pics of where you notched the frame thanx
Unfortunately for you, but fortunately for me, I wont be notching the frame because I'm using the LH8 oilpan.

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heres the latest... I just got off the phone with S&P(can you believe they're open on Sat?), and I was informed that its a shipping screw up on their behalf. The mounts are made different for both driver & pass sides. I let them know there were some other guys who had also received 2 drivers side mounts. They are going to ship me the pass side mount on Mon and include a prepaid label for me to return the extra drivers side mount. Talk about good customer service!

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Elaborate on this?

There are 4 small locator tabs on the motor mount insert. You may have to trim 1 or 2 of them to allow the S&P motor mounts to line up. It would be beneficial to you to loosen the clamshell bolts a few turns to give yourself some adjustment room to line everything up.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
There are 4 small locator tabs on the motor mount insert. You may have to trim 1 or 2 of them to allow the S&P motor mounts to line up. It would be beneficial to you to loosen the clamshell bolts a few turns to give yourself some adjustment room to line everything up.
Im using that brp kit same goes for their motor mounts?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts