Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was rolled by the police yesterday. I thought I got away from him by doing some manuevering and such, but he caught up to me, and sirened me down. I got a ticket for "unsafe suspension." A whoppingly big green fix it ticket for my airbags. I need some help guys, there is no way in hell that im taking off my 'bags.. and i need to find a way to get around it, I have until 6/4/03 to find something. Is it possible to take out my switches, put my ashtray back in, and go down there? Anyone have this happen to them before, do they physically check for the actual airbag, or the switches? Its in California, so I beleive CHP would check it off, any ideas ? Please help, Thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
cops are ****in gay.

I hate them, they made me take off my tint after months of holding out.

**** taking out your bags, dont let em get ya like that!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe you could consult a lawyer to find out what constitues an unsafe suspension? Contact the DMV and see what there policy is for a road worthy vehicle. I'm sure there is something you can do. Prove to them it's not unsafe via their parameters.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that's nuts! I have never heard of being pulled over for "unsafe suspension" Exactly how do they define that? It must be a california thing?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joe Malczewski:
cops are ****in gay.

I hate them, they made me take off my tint after months of holding out.

**** taking out your bags, dont let em get ya like that!!!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They're gay because your breaking the law and they caught you??? Granted, it sucks, I know. I have "illegal" tint on my car too. It's a risk you take when you "mod" your car. Sh!t happens, and it sucks. But don't call the cops "gay" and then say you hate them because YOU got caught with an illegal "mod". That's just not cool, or fair. They are just doing their jobs. One day you'll learn, and understand that. No offense, this is just my opinion.

Oh and one more thing. These same cops that wrote you a valid ticket, are the same ones you will call one day when your in trouble. And those will be the same cops that put their life on the line for you so that you can live a nice fulfilling life. Just remember that.

EDIT: Let me add this as well, so i don't come off as a complete dick. I am only 21 now myself, so by all means, I do not know everything. I am learning as i go myself, so I understand where your at. I used to say the same things several years ago. I understnad that the reason you say the things you do is because you've had negative experiences with da PO-LICE. I can understnad that 100%. Most interactions with the police during the teenage years are negative. Just be careful man. Alot of members of this forum are cops, and many of them are cool ones at that. You never know who you'll be offending when you say something like that. But you have a right to say whatever you choose, so go for it. I just happen to disagree with you on this topic, but it's all good.

91Caprice91:
As far as the air bags go, I assume you got a fix it ticket? If so, the agency that gave it to you will be the one that will sign it off. Not sure what to tell you, it sucks. I too own a modded car and I just hope I don't get caught. I don't have bags though. Good luck, and be careful. Make sure to use those bags when it's safe to do so (i.e. when no cops are around). :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
now let's think this through did you get a ticket for your suspension while you were obeying all laws
or were you dragging body down the street trying to mack and the fuzz caught you. I don't know what the law is in cali but in florida i beat it because some stock cars come with adjustable suspension via air suspension so it was impossible for them to call it unsafe hope this helps

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Was your car slammed when you got a ticket? If so, your "unsafe suspension" was too low. Raise it back up and go get it signed off, pay the $10 and be done with it. Hiding the switches couldn't hurt. BTW, what vehicle code section did he cite?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ticket is in my car, and is late at night, so I dont feel like getting it. I will get the section that he cited me for. I was draggin down the street spitting game, and trying to mack it, to be exact. My fault completely. I saw an M5 (new one) very rare around here, so i dropped on it, and yes, I did get the "oohs" and "aahs" from the M5.. but not from the cop
Anyways, I appreciate all your help, and 9C1 2 Beat: I appreciate what you said, and I might try to see what I can do with that. I know an Los Angeles Marshall, who I might try to get to sign me off. Thanks, and keep the suggestions coming, especially if you've had this happen before. Thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I like 9C1 2 BEAT's idea. I wonder if it would work. You could always go to the dealer and have your vin run. If i'm not mistaken, one of the options that seems to be on everyone's code list is computer select suspension...maybe that will fool them.

Sean

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Airbag suspension in and of itself is not illegal, just look at a Semi-truck.

You may get off on this one because the cop should have cited you for the way you were driving, not the mod on your car.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Is it a fix it ticket? If so just get it signed off by a cop you know. And i belive its legal to play with your bags when you are parked. You just can play with them while you are moving but i do anyways

You can always say, "why don't you give tickets to all the city busses, semi's and cars w/ air suspesion. ITs the same concept as yur bags.

A lot of my friends have gotten tickets for bags so gimmie and IM if you wanna ask more questions. im = wagonb0y

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just put the car in someone else's name.

Say you sold it when you go to court.

If you dont have it you cant fix it right

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There are more good cops enforcing stupid regulations for the purposes of revenue generation and staying employed, than bad cops being 'richards' because they get a kick out of ruining public relations every chance they get.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, it is a BS ticket that I would not want to write. But if you tried to evade him you are lucky thats all he got you for. If you had a mouth on you at the same time then that could have forced the pen as well.

In order to beat it you need to know the section he cited you for. That will give you the correct verbage of what he cited you with and provide you clues on how to "correct" it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Directly from the ticket: Quote "24002 C.V.C.-Unsafe Suspension"

That was listed under the Code and Section, and Description. Help if you can, if anyone is good with rules?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> Vehicle Not Equipped or Unsafe

24002. (a) It is unlawful to operate any vehicle or combination of vehicles which is in an unsafe condition, or which is not safely loaded, and which presents an immediate safety hazard.

(b) It is unlawful to operate any vehicle or combination of vehicles which is not equipped as provided in this code.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Boy, that's pretty vague. I don't see how bags could be unsafe. Does your car ride funny or bounce allot? I rode in wagon boy's wagon and it rode very nice and was far from "unsafe". Did the cop actualy tell you why he wrote it? From your story I am thinking that it was for ride height but I think that is a differet section. This is kind of a "catch all" code.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.