Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I`m still trying to source 2 front seat belts for my 94 Roadmaster Wagon. Inside colour ist "tan". The belts should be in very good condition, not frazzled and still good repulling tension. Maybe NOS ones.If someone knows how to rebuild them, would also be appreciated :)

Thanks,

Udo

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
Hello,
I`m still trying to source 2 front seat belts for my 94 Roadmaster Wagon. Inside colour ist "tan". The belts should be in very good condition, not frazzled and still good repulling tension. Maybe NOS ones.If someone knows how to rebuild them, would also be appreciated :)

Thanks,

Udo
I would recommend that you reach out to Member "Fred Kiehl" here and see what he may have in stock to sell. I believe Fred also knows how to disassemble these and may provide you with some ideas.

I have a Spare Set of Gray belts in excellent condition that will one day get used in my car. If yours aren't frayed and just aren't retracting properly you may find that if you clean them they will work much better. Ive heard that as they get dirty, not only do they look crappy but stiffen up and don't work as well as they should.

Here is a couple of links that could help if you just want to try and clean them. If cleaning helps out, respond back and let us know how well it worked and what you did. I have a driver belt that I keep thinking "1 of these days" I got to try and clean it since it doesn't retract without some help....but just keep putting it off.

http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=271090&highlight=cleaning+seat+belts

http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=498513&highlight=cleaning+seat+belts

·
Registered
11,217 Posts
You can have the belts rewebbed. The do get stiff when dirty, and after a good cleaning, some fabric softener may help. You could also try to put a turn or two more on the take-up reel. I have posted how-tos on the forum, and a search may find them for you. Just make sure you pin the reel if you take the belt off of it.

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
seatbelt planet

I just sent mine to Seatbelt planet.There are doing all new webbing cleaning everything up and I am changing from impala grey to black.
It's $600 for all that.I spoke with Steve he's really helpful and it was a straight forward process.I should have them next week.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts