Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WEnt to take my son to Ice Skating practice in Floyd Bennet Feild in Brooklyn, and we saw this...

See I told ya there was a fleetwood in there too...

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
hahahahahahaha, that was a good one, that fleet looks like mine, when i just got it, nice
what is the concorde doing over there in brooklyn?, i tought it was suposto be next to the intrepid, i know the ship is gone, but i tough they would keep the plane there.
what car are you in?, i can see it's not your fleet

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Apparently they moved the Plane over to Brooklyn because of the renovations being done to the Intrepid. It's being parked in front of the Aviator sports and recreation center... And from what I heard It will be open to the public to see inside... I heard that aviator paid Millions to keep the plane there...

And yeah that wasn't my caddy. I was in my Benz... ;)

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Holy crap. Nice Fleetwood siting in a rarer color, but I think it's a bit more than odd to see a Concorde randomly...or is it not?

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking the same thing. When I first got there, I was like, wow a green Fleetwood... LOL

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by caddyguy109:
I think it's a bit more than odd to see a Concorde randomly...or is it not?
Nope they have been all retired from Service, as they have had nothing but problems within the last few years, and they were deemed to have caused damage to the Enviroment with their Sonic Booms and etc.

We have one at the Museum of Flight in Seattle

http://www.museumofflight.org/Display.asp?Page=Concorde
I toured that thing when they opened it to the Public, and I got to say Dem French Frogs are tiny Mofo's
There was no way my 6'5" 248lbs BiggAzz could be comfy on one of those flights

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ed do u think they towed that all the way from thw west side or what ...o yea i got all the parts in tranny ,intake heads, sensors ,tb . i just need a block.....or not..what do u think

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
excellent pix........thanks for sharing
what camera are you using????

Roy

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dan, nah they didn't tow it from the West Side... LMAO
It was brought over by Barge. That would be a sight to see though. The Concorde stuck under the an overpass on the Belt Parkway...

As far as your motor and tranny goes. Just say the word dawg. You know I got you. We'll have her done in a weekend... ;)

Intercepter: Thanks!!! I took those pics with my new Canon Powershot sd600. Its an awesome little camera. I've had a few casio exlims, but they cant touch this one in picture qualtiy even in movie mode...

Slammedsled: You never know... Afterall it is Brooklyn... LMAO... ;)

[ 12-25-2006, 09:32 PM: Message edited by: FASSTWOOD ]

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
HOLY CRAP they used a tow truck to pull that......bet the brakes on the truck needed to be replaced! That is a lot of weight to stop once you get it rolling.
talk about the tail wagging the dog, that is plain dumb doing it that way.
R

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There was a BIG wrecker there too... Like for semi trucks... I think they were using the little tow truck to position it...

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by caddyguy109:
Holy crap. Nice Fleetwood siting in a rarer color, but I think it's a bit more than odd to see a Concorde randomly...or is it not?
it's not that rare, i have seen a few now, my fleetwood it's that color,
also when the concorde was in service, they had a fligth every day out of jfk to england and france, they took them out of service mainly because of the fire adn crash of few years ago adn they are pretty old too

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i thought they might have brought it through the battery tunnel

1 - 14 of 14 Posts