Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Beware of a person on craigslist using Ebay as a in between (transaction) company. I have reported all the emails to Ebay as they requested i do. This started Saturday night with me searching for a good Impala SS and i found one with 67,000 miles for a LOW LOW price of $3400.00 Since i have been buying and selling cars all my life i knew this was a SCAM so i played dumb and wrote back and forth with this person. I will connect all the emails including as you see below the last email the lady or person sent the VIN number for the SS. I haven't checked out this VIN number but i think we should to see if its a stolen or legit car.

Ebay was very happy that i reported this to them, Ebay gave me a special email address to send all these emails and i have completed that process.

Be safe out there! Here are the emails, i have taken my email address out of these letters in order to place the emails on here.

For more photos click on the following link: http://www.kizoa.com/slideshow/a1463795k6562065o1/impala
the vin number is 1G1BL52PXTR168549
--- On Sat, 9/18/10, Deborah Collins <[email protected]> wrote:

Subject: Re: Your Impala SS​
To: "-"​
Date: Saturday, September 18, 2010, 10:53 PM​

#yiv331205912 #yiv331205912yiv745317542 p {margin:0;}Hello and thank you for question,

The 1996 Chevrolet Impala SS is in great shape, no engine problems, damages or hidden defects. It was always garaged and never kept outside, clear title, only 67,000 miles, 8 cylinder, automatic, gasoline. I`m a single mother with 2 children because I divorced with my husband and after the divorce I own this car, I don`t need it and that`s why I`m selling it so cheap. The price for the car is $3400 with shipping included. We will use eBay`s protection program for our safety. I just need your full name and address so i can open a case.(with no further obligation or fees).

Thanks!

Here's the second email i recieved about the SS for sale on craigslist.
Your Impala SS
Sunday, September 19, 2010 7:51 AM

"Deborah Collins" <[email protected]>
Add sender to Contacts

To:
"-"

#yiv397257830 p {margin:0;}Hi again,

I want you to know that the car is already at the shipping company in Seattle, WA ready for the shipping. I want a transaction with ebay cause I dont have time for meetings due to my work and I also choosed ebay cause is the largest company in the world who makes this type of transaction. Now let me explain you how the whole thing will work: you will need to send me your full name and address, I will forward to ebay and they will send you the invoice with the payment details. As soon as you will complete the payment ebay will inform me and I will start the shipping. After you will receive the car (2-3 days depends on the distance) you will have 5 days to test the car.After the test period you will need to inform ebay if you want to keep or not the car. If you will be satisifed and you will decide to keep it ebay will release the money to me. If you dont want to keep it for any reason you can send it back and you will pay refunded in full by ebay. Please note that your money will be secured by ebay and they will not be transfered to me during the test period.
Once again the price is $3400 with the shipping taxes included to your address.

If you agree with this please forward me your full name and address so we can proceed with the transaction.

I am looking forward to hear from you.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Ha Ha. I just dealt with someone wanting me to do the same thing here in Iowa. It was an ad off craigslist as well. Told me the car was in Georgia ,where it had been stored for the past 9 years, ready to be shipped. Even included pics. They forgot to erase one of the pics plates though and the plate was an IL plate. Usually too good to be true is just that.

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
Anytime the shipping comes up, you know it's a fraud.
+1. If you ask to pick it up in person, they'll always tell you the car is in some location far far away from you. If you tell them that's okay, you have friend or relative that lives nearby, then you get the line that it's already prepped for shipping (as if it's wrapped in bubble wrap and stored in a wooden crate or something lol)...

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Unfortunately there is one born every minute.

And these SB's prey on those poor folks.

I dont think anyone who logs on here would actually send that person $3,400.00 after reading that desperate BS pitch.

What sucks is that some honest decent folks do send the cash to this type of vermin.

Be careful and always remember; if it sounds to good.........

I live by those words. You get what you pay for.

·
Registered
28 Posts
scam

I just found one today on Knoxville TN craigslist for a 96 with low miles for $3600. I sent the email, got a sob story and the ebay info.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts