Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was chasing down an issue where my car's TCC would not lock up. I hooked the car up to eehack and drove it around and could not see anything wrong. Checked the trans flags in eehack while looking at the log and didn't see anything wrong. Used the TCC trigger capability in eehack to get it to lock and could see it engage as commanded, but it still wasn't actually being commanded to lock by the PCM. Pulled the tune into TunerPro and checked my TCC data points and everything was ok. Stumped, I opened Scan9495 because the transmission sub-page is filled with lots of data that's broken out and organized in a way that's far easier to see what is happening and when.

Immediately saw that the "brake on" flag was set for the TCC, so no matter what - it would not engage - and the brake was NOT on. Reached up under the dash and grabbed the top switch (the one that's specific to the trans) and pushed it in one click. The flag for the brake went away, and so did the issue with the TCC not locking.

For some, this may be a "cool story, bro", but others may benefit from not only using eehack, but also keeping the newer version of Scan9495 in your digital toolbox. It's still a fantastic program and super useful.

And for the record, eehack has become the only program I use anymore to flash. It works flawlessly.

Reactions: Marky Dissod

·
Registered
37 Posts
Good stuff!

Steve has a new program now called Flashhack for flashing... I been using it the last 2 months since it came out and it runs really well! has more built-in safety against bricking your PCM, and in my opinion it flashes much faster than EEHack!

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
FlashHack is still in beta / development.
Once it's out of beta, the update of $EEhack that comes after will likely lose its flashing capability - so if you want both for whatever strange reason, keep that version of $EEhack.

The mid90s LT1 will never get all the love and respect it deserves, but hopefully, TunerPro $EEhack and FlashHack will be carefully used to prolong both the useful lifetime and the enjoyment of LT1 cars.

Reactions: jrodo
1 - 3 of 3 Posts