Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I dont know the addy, but he has his own banner at the top of the page on this forum. Just gotta catch it in one of the sections.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That trunk kit looks GREAT! Does the complete kit come with the carpet to cover the trunk bottom? Also, how hard is it to install?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The kit has carpet on the side panels, the hinge panels, and the baffle board, but it assumes you already have the normal carpeting in your trunk. It's dead easy to install...nothing to it...and it looks fantastic.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I made my own kit, and it didn't cost $300. I spent approx $60 In material, and spent some time making the kit. The kit I made looks great. I also made a set of templates just in case. :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, you can make your own.... but

by getting them from Scott - he has money to keep the forum running.....

I was happy paying the 350 for the kit.... and I get to talk to you guys on this forum every day.....

and so do you.......

think about it........

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would rather spend $60 than $300 any day of the week. I undertsand that it helps to keep the site going, But I think that the kit he offers is just too expensive. And I think that the kit I made looks just as good as the Scott Williams kit. Plus I got the satisfaction of knowing I made it myself.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry that you feel that way. I have been building them since the first Bowling Green show. I have never raised the price and have improved the quality. Make your own if you want to, it will not ever hurt my feelings. If you add up the parts that I use it's about half of the kit. The rest is labor to assemble and cover plus the $55 to ship. Thanks for all of the great feedback!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hack,

I don't think you even have to respond to that. In the end, we all know who the man is......

Regards,

Eric

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hack -

I appreciate what you do for us and all the Impala brethren out here...

That is why I support you by buying your products and making donations as needed so that you do not have to bear all the burden for this wonderful forum...

You have heard me on numerous occaisions talk about supporting those who support us...

YOU are #1 in my book

with Naisso - FakeSS - Dan Ferraro - Mike Bambic all tied in there for second!!!

Others I may have missed - I appreciate the heck out of what you do also.....

It is hard for me to make too much sense when I am so fricking mad about the me me me me me attitude...

I am not trying to flame anyone.... but sometimes we need to think outside the box...

and I am sure that this Forum that Scott makes available to us has saved each of us tons of grief - aggravation - and MONEY

Same argument - "I can buy it cheaper at Jegs or Summit" - which may be true

but we are all seeing items no longer carried by them as too low volume...

Yet Naisso and Troy provide them to us while trying to run a business on an out of production car of limited manufacture..

I want Naisso and Scott and others to be prosperous so I have access to parts and tech help when needed.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I agree with uwsacf. Without this forum, I'd
of given up on my "hobby" car ages ago! :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
"Naisso - FakeSS - Dan Ferraro - Mike Bambic all tied in there for second!!!"

Thanks for reminding us of how much the forum and all the hard work Scott and everyone else puts in means. We all tend to take it for granted and think the site runs itself.

I do not know what FakeSS sells, but I know I have supported NAISSO, Dan, and Mike quite well!

I have been thinking of making a contribution to the forum but if buying a trunk kit from Scott helps out I think I will get one...at the bare minimum I need the side panels...It's a win-win as far as I am concerned!

Bill

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Me three - love this forum. (wife.com wonders why, but ir keeps ~~~~ and happy - so....)

John :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I do not know what FakeSS sells<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jay (FakeSS) sells the LED 3rd brakelight at www.ledss.com

One of my first mods -

then Scott's trunk kit thru Naisso

then Mikes' RAISS

and of course Bryan's pcm

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I bought the 3rd brake light and gas rite from FakeSS, But I cant see myself spending that much money for the trunk kit. Not everyone has that kind of money to spend. But if all of you have the money to spend, then feel free to do so.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.