Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have used the search, but all the available links have as of yet not been answered. I have a 97 theft-loc delco with scv installed in my 94 caprice. What do I need to wire into in order to get the scv to work? Since the original harness did not have scv, and I know there is an empty slot or two in the harness, I imagine that I need to add a wire to the harness, and run it to ... perhaps the speedometer? The wiring diagram I looked up at install doc did not have the scv, but also shows the empty slots in the harness. My impression is that this diagram is therefore out-dated.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bringing this back to the top, since no one has yet responded. Hasn't anyone had to toss in their own SCV wiring?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I installed an overhead console in my 94, I picked up the vss in the big connector that has about 30 - 40 wires in a square underneath/by the steering column. I dont have my fsm handy right now, but it was near the center of the plug. You dissconnect the plug w/ a 7mm socket to get better access to the wire. You need a FSM to pick off the right wire by refrence to the connector face.

Peter

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What is VSS? Is there a manual that covers wiring I should pick up?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Vehicle Speed Sensor
A Factory Service Manual would be the best source for wiring info cost around $100. I have looked through a friends and if you are going to do much with the car it is worth the money.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do any of the '94-'96 cars have the VSS run to the radio connection?

I have a late model Delco CD radio with SCV in my '95 but I can't really tell that it does anything.

I second that about the Factory Service Manual. They can't be beat. There is someone selling them on eBay for about $60.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts