Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i did my 91 and 92 , the 91 i slowly pour 1/2 cup down the booster vac hose no problem white smoke puffed out the back, shut it down when i finished pouring down the hose , let it set like 10 mins , fired up smoked like a ca brush fire, cleared up drove a bit all's good, now the 92 got it hot did the exact same way but when i got done with the 1/2 cup there was no smoke coming out the pipe, after setting10 mins fired up a little puff came out and thats it? the mtr has almost 400k on it, did the stuff absorb into all the carbon? should i do it again later?still idles good, etc and drive fine

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
If done right and you don't get any smoke it means there wasn't much carbon in there. Usually when you pour it in there you start off slow, then the last 1/3rd you let it suck it in all at once in an attempt to stall the engine. That way you know everything is soaked in it.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i only used a 1/2 cup was that enough? pour in slowly till it the 1/2 cup was gone then turn mtr off

·
Registered
7,024 Posts
turn it on and drive the hell out of it!!

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I usually used the whole can. If you had to turn the motor off with the key, then you should have added more at the end. You want to flood it until it stalls.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts